The reason why Ada will hit 10,000 $ and much higher

@Vanamonde Satoshi and Lovelace and any other distributions are artificial. All that it matters is the value of the whole pack of them (market cap) and the prices for each will be calculated from it.
It doesn’t matter how many there are. It doesn’t matter how it was traded before (the history). In the long term all that matters are:
the real value the people give to the coin <==> (and) the market value (market cap)

Because the value is subjective people may chose to value cardano or not, and that will drag the market cap up or down. In the long term, not considering a forming bubble. But any comparison between lovelace and satoshi does not matter.

1 Like

You can bounce to another thread if you don’t like the content of this one. I myself found it useful although I may not agree with everything that’s said, it’s deffinately worth a read because of all the different opinions.

1 Like

Perhaps I should rephrase… the whole thread would be just as good without the crystal ball price predictions.

3 Likes

The title itself comes from a crystal ball a t m :slight_smile:

I like your avatar :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

Go :cardano: !

1 Like

I do not think this will happen, but it is an intriguing thought.
All the holders I know, mainly B2B, are planning on staking 60% of their holding. The rest will be put into transaction accounts, cost of doing business on planed contracts.
This stands up to your thought of what really is in circulation and what is supporting the network.

4 Likes

I absolutely agree with you and Cardano holds such promise I just buy at dips and store in Daedalus…history does repeat

1 Like

Nice thought, but who proved that history repeats itself?

1 Like

Is the Gold Standard long gone? I can see it being re-priced in order for international trade settlement which Jim Rickards put’s at $10k.

All the gold in the world can be melted and shaped into a cube of about 25 m^3. Unless you’re looking at gold dust specks being used as payment/backing of the world’s fiat… then yeah, I’d say the gold standard is gone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Martin - Thank you for the response. I am unclear of what you are trying to convey as your statement seems to imply that gold needs to be in circulation to have a gold standard which is not the case. In my mind a gold standard is fixing the economic unit of an account to a fixed commodity qty. The best commodity to do this is gold considering most others are perishable etc. You could revalue gold at $10k an ounce and peg a basket of currencies (to include digital) around it.,

Jim Rickards comes up with $10k per ounce of gold as an implied non deflationary price of gold under a gold standard.

Used to be where you could trade dollars for gold and moreover, people used gold coins for trading in the past, e.g. currency was made of gold. I don’t think you can do that anymore. There’s not enough gold to go around to transact regular business (buy a loaf of bread) with gold. That’s sort of along the lines of what I was thinking of - gold is scarce. Paper is not.

Another contrived example based off the above - say everyone decided to convert their dollars to gold. How much gold would you get? That’s what I meant.

I don’t dispute that you can make 1/10th of an ounce of gold worth 2 billion dollars, if the situation warrants it. I do believe it is impractical to trade in gold. That impracticality gave rise to fiat printing.

2 Likes

I hear you and agree that between everyday people it is not practical to transact in gold nor do i think it makes sense to peg the fiat /digital currency to trade in for gold i.e. this is where Bitcoin reminds of gold in a sense. I may partly disagree with you that it is not useful in trade in particular International Trade Settlement. Today, hyper dollar printing (QE infinity) never allows for capital formation to take place both at the national & personal level. It is unclear to me that digital currencies both from the national level and personal level will solve this given new digital currencies are made everyday etc. This is where i think it makes sense for countries to do an accounting of gold reserves and blockchain those reserves at least at the national level i.e. settle national trade via a digital currency backed 1:1 w/Gold so that trade happens but the gold never really leaves it spot in some centralized/distributed place.

1 Like

you are absolutely correct, as the market will never take the selling of every coin on the current bid price - that would be the only way the market cap would equal the price.

Correct, the inflation of currency (printing new money) is unlikely to stop even with Cardano.

As for the mapping it one to one with their gold reserves, that again is a zero sum game - once it’s all mapped, then what? What happens when demand for loans increases in the face of a constant supply and people not repaying their loans, e.g. no money’s coming back into the treasury? What about emergencies, like wars or famine or natural disasters that suddenly demand a bunch of cash that might not exist or cannot be scrounged up at the moment when it’s needed?

There is a reason deflationary currencies (gold, or like gold) have been abandoned. I’m not an economist by any stretch of the imagination but it seems way too obvious for me that a constant supply of moneys/currency is not a workable solution for any country.

Not to mention I come from a country with zero gold reserves where we peg our currency on the EUR and the USD… So the way I see Cardano in an inflationary use case is to elevate transparency via blockchain of new money printed (in addition to recording all transactions) and to make the consensus of printing (minting) new money more difficult, if at all possible.

Good points. Well we do know that with pegging International settlement to Gold/commodity capital formation does occur which “should” be used to build a better of quality of life for the nation states but that is intrinsic to that countries Gov’t or rule of law. Gold chains down Gov’t spending which requires gov’t to live within their means. With countries that do not have Gold at the international level they should be able to peg their currency to a country with a gold standard and devalue their currency to increase global market competitiveness in trade…however if they peg their currency to the Eur or USD which doesn’t have a gold backstop to their governments spending and the rule of law is not there…well you can see that is a slippery slope of QE and Oligarchy classes. Gold has it’s place in restraining gov’ts however the reality is that Rule of Law + physical Gold go hand in hand…or in other words the people’ are the GOLD. Money is a proxy of human time, labor, and talent …it’s almost spiritual in a sense. For example, we could trade seashells with one another if we had rule of law and thus the morality to back it up. I am hoping that as we progress through this new paradigm to code this rule of law & intertwine it with the best technology for money we can create a better world.

International Trade Settlement Should be zero sum to an extent as it reflects value transmitted and accounted for …i.e. we should refrain from war which is used to create the death & debt paradigm we are in as the political class backs with making promises of future tax slaves which then causes centralization to a financial class as debt owners. Loans should not be made from debt for worthless consumerism which is where we are at now but for capital wealth creation. Loans should be made from savings of producers not debt based and even better the loans should be equity based to prevent the honest care-taking of money…however I am unsure of what loans one would need at all if AI, Automation, and robots take place. I am unsure of Capitalism in it’s current form could exist in that environment where human labor is not really needed. Wouldn’t most income derive from creative endeavors or human caretaking? I guess the nature of work will change so I am unsure of what that means economically i.e. the Universal income debate.

2 Likes

almost spiritual? :slight_smile: good one. Jesus talked about money more than He did Heaven and Hell combined. He talked about money more than anything else except the Kingdom of God. 11 of 39 parables talk about money. 1 of every 7 verses in the Gospel of Luke talk about money.

Money is entirely spiritual, just like sex is. If people actually viewed both of these issues even as you so nicely pointed out, “almost spiritual”, we probably wouldn’t have half the troubles or better, in the world.

I agree with all your points. Especially the one about living within your means. My entire life/philosophy is based on living -below- my means, rather than within, e.g. on the boundary. I guess I learned a thing or two from my dad & mom :wink:

3 Likes

QE…isn’t that just a fancy way of saying print more cash? :slight_smile: We sure “eased” our way out of 2008’s RE collapse…

Exactly. I think once people understand that human beings are spiritual and money is a proxy for humanity thus it is spiritual. If the money is “debt” based it is evil in it’s creation as it is debt slavery…non debt based money is spiritually sound imo. There is no reason that the US govt needs to print debt based money…it could take back it’s power over monetary policy and issue non debt based currency…however that time has long since passed. We are now beginning the age of private issuance of non debt based money without 3rd party scammers in the middle…it’s awesome.

2 Likes