Too many Missed Slots happens, help me

You can also improve the situation by removing or reducing some scheduled tasks, like trimming which is not needed that often and some disk cache flushing.

That and some regular restarts of the cardano-node service (every 2 or 3 days) helped a lot on VPS. However, I decided to go VDS because I wanted to get rid of the restarts and monitoring missed slots altogether.

How would you check this if using a cntools build?

Would you know how to check or modify this in a cntools build?

Which VDS that you use? Is VDS-S enough?

I use coincashew to build cardano node:

VDS-S is good enough. Especially, when increasing the number of CPU’s used for processing (there’s some documentation how to do that with haskell runtime parameters).

Thanks @jf3110, currently I’m still using VPS-XL. Trying out the right RTS variant to reduce missed slots.

It’s still a work in progress but I’ve tried to collect a bunch of info here including several tested configurations. YMMV :smiley:

1 Like

Hello,

Before upgrading to version 1.35.3 I had a producer node running with 32GB RAM + 1 Relay with 16GB RAM + 2 Relays with 8GB RAM.

My pool had never missed blocks, but now after updating to 1.35.3, I have missed some blocks, however, it is worth a detail, I am temporarily operating only with producer node and 1 Relay of 16GB RAM, the other 2 relays are offline for a period. Could this be the cause of the misseds or should only 1 relay be able to create blocks?

Thanks.

Which cncli version do u run?

cncli 5.1.2

Upgrade to 5.1.3 and check again with leaderlog force command

Check your chrony. For some reason mime got disconnected and lost sync.

1 Like