TXID and spend PW, but no wallet access

Exchange sent ADA to Yoroi wallet before I installed the Yoroi extension to Chrome. Now how can I get into the wallet?

You had to provide the exchange with an ADA address. How did you do that if you didn’t have Yoroi installed yet. Where did you get the address to send the exchange?

The exchange has a policy not to hold assets, so wallet setup is part of the transaction after the transaction is initiated. The TXID and wallet address to which ADA was transmitted is recorded on the exchange. I got a spend password, but there was no prompt to install the Yoroi wallet extension. One other transaction done on the same exchange included a setup of Metamask wallet without incident. I can see the asset in that wallet just fine. Something went wrong with the Yoroi wallet. I’m just wondering if anyone has experience. If not, I’ll wait to see what Emurgo support comes up with now that I sent them the link for the ADA transfer.

I think you need to talk to the exchange before you talk to Emergo.

I got a spend password, but there was no prompt to install the Yoroi wallet extension.

That does not really make sense to me. How did you generate an address without setting up Yoroi (or Daedalus) first?

One other transaction done on the same exchange included a setup of Metamask wallet without incident.

Metamask is an Ethereum wallet right? Is it able to hold ADA?

Already discussed with the exchange. The transfer link they supplied checks out.

It could be I missed a step or there was a glitch. I only noted I had no wallet access a few days after the transaction.

I don’t recall needing to generate an address, so I believe it was generated as part of the process when creating the ADA purchase order. The exchange includes wallet setup as pat of that process because they do not hold any assets on the exchange.

The other order, to Metamask, was UNI.

ADA addresses are generated from the wallet’s private key. There is simply no way that could have been generated on the exchange.

Impossible to generate on the exchange sounds right. The prompt to setup the Yoroi wallet was generated at the exchange after the ADA purchase was begun. Enough was done to generate the address, but the browser extension installation was not completed.

Did u restored the yoroi wallet?

Cheers,

No, still waiting for Emurgo support to get back to me.

Get back with what?

With a reply.

I know, but how can they can help u?

Did you read the earlier part of this thread?

There was never any wallet extension installed, no wallet created at my end, and no recovery word sequence created. So no wallet to restore.

I have a link to show the ADA was transferred, a TXID, and a wallet address. I gave support that info, and now I am waiting for a response.

That’s why I asked how they can help u… that address from exchange… how do u know that is a yoroi address and how did u got that address if u didn’t ran yoroi app

I explained what happened earlier in this thread. Now I will wait for Emurgo’s response.

The address starts with https://explorer.cardano.org/en/address?address=addr1

The address was generated as part of the Yoroi wallet setup prompted by starting the ADA transaction at the exchange.

I’ll get Emurgo’s response first. If I need to, I can then go back to the exchange and have them investigate.

Something went wrong before the wallet setup was completed. I don’t believe it was my fault, but I cannot be sure I did not miss something when I have a lot of windows open and all the bells and whistles working.

yes, but it’s the first time when I hear this; you must have the seed words in order to restore it but since it was an issue/glitch I think u didn’t received them

Cheers,

1 Like