**Unofficial and probable scam Daedalus wallet on Google Play Store***

Warning: there is currently an unofficial Daedalus wallet on the Google Play store. We have no relationship with this venture and we seriously doubt this is a real wallet. Your money could get stolen so please do not download. We have reported this to Google and encourage you to do the same so that it is taken down as quickly as possible. Report to Google here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/contact/takedown

2 Likes

Hi Jon,

I unfortunately fell for this and transferred a couple of hundred coins to these scammers. I know 200 coins is not much in the grand scheme of things, but is there any way we can be compensated for these coins?

Sorry about this, I should have read the reviews before downloading. My desktop wallet is working a treat now and is fantastic.

Thanks
Chris B

Hi Chris,

Very sorry to hear this. I would suggest getting in touch with Google and seeing if they had a process to apply for compensation. There may be a way of doing this… perhaps some of the Android forums have some information.

I’m pleased the Daedalus wallet is working for you now.

Best wishes,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response, but Google said for me to contact the developer
(which is useless) I’m assuming I have to just take this loss on the chin?
Nothing the guys at Cardano can do? Perhaps even 50% of my coins back? :frowning:

Thanks again
Chris

Hi Chris,

I’m afraid we are not in a position to help with this. I’m really sorry.

Best wishes,

Jon

Cool. Thanks anyway

Cheers

I fell in the tramp I lost close to 1000 usd with that app, lesson learned