UPDATE CARDANO NODE to 1.29.0 - FOR CNTOOLS users

Thank you Alex :heart_eyes:

After update to 1.29 my node sometimes stops working with this message

[vps-e4ef:cardano.node.ChainDB:Error:5] [2021-09-01 08:55:56.68 UTC] Invalid snapshot DiskSnapshot {dsNumber = 38874328, dsSuffix = Nothing}InitFailureRead (ReadFailed (DeserialiseFailure 34719022 "end of input"))

And then it just hangs

Hello @Alexd1985,
Good upgrade to 1.29.0 for me :

• 2 relays first, no problem, but one needs resyncing
  • for the BP : appears in gLiveView as a “Relay” :hot_face: when starting. 10 minutes later, turns to “Core” and communicates normally with the 2 Relays… :ok_hand:
    Thank you Alex, one more a time !
    Alain
    PS : My pool doesn’t produce anything :persevere: (poor pledge), but I support the community… :innocent:
2 Likes

I started like you… for more months I didn’t produced anything but I had luck with CF and IOHK delegation… so be patience, don’t lose the hope

4 Likes

Left the servers running last night and woke up to them all work and connected. Not sure why it took to long but they are working :D… Thanks

1 Like

As always, thank you Alex for your work and dedication to help us!

1 Like

Man!!! you saved us a lot but a lot of time !!! as always!!! THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

Hola tengo registrado mi pool con cntools en la versión 1.27.0 no hubo problema pero en la versión 1.29.0 cuando ejecuto sudo systemctlm estatus conde me refleja activando auto restart con la versión 1.29.0 hoy me refleja dead en status y no reconoce la versión aprte mi pool ya no sale en adapools ni toolpool

Typo journalctl -e -f -u cnode

Trata de escribir correcto
journalctl -e -f -u cnode

no descargó el archivo alonzo, siga mi guía para 1.29.0

Si lo hice. Lo voy a descargar de nuevo usando si guia

@Alexd1985 you are a real hero!!!

1 Like

I just upgraded to v1.29.0 and via pool.vet I see the following:
7B3314EA-0ED5-47CC-9848-9B4A887ABE11_4_5005_c.

It looks like 1 relay node is reachable and not reachable at the same time? I checked topologyUpdater.sh and couldn’t find anything. In this link I can see the IP of the relay: topologyUpdater

What could be going wrong here?

Check the logs for topology_updater

What is the last message?

1 Like

@Alexd1985 : Thank you sir!

Yes! That was it. I launched the services again with ‘deploy-as-systemd.sh’ and that solved it. I can see the timers now with ‘systemctl list-timers --all’. Node is now onboarding in topologyUpdater. Thanks!

My issue was resolved simply by giving the node more time to start up for the first time after the update to 1.29.0. Everything is running great and we produced a block last night. Thanks for all of your help @Alexd1985

2 Likes

what is the best home server configuration with a xeon? and memory for the future?

Hi all, I seen to be missing the cabal-build-all.sh files from both my nodes? How can I get them?