Upgrade to 1.35.4 FAST! With Hydra Binaries for CNTOOLS Users

edit pool name inside env file (and uncomment the line) + restart the node

check topology file, config file (set tracemempool to true)
also for relay same + topologyUpdater.sh (custom peers)

1 Like

Its up and running again!

Thankyou so much Alex!

1 Like

Hey guys, can anyone help me?

My stake pool reached 1M ADA in Live Stake, and then it dropped to 450k ADA, and it always produced blocks, with more or less frequency, but now the pool has 350k ADA in Live Stake, and it stopped producing blocks already. about 8 Epochs. I even suspected that it was the update to version 1.35.5 but even before the update, it had been 3 epochs without producing blocks.

The question is if in fact with 350k ADA I will go several epochs without producing blocks, or could there be something strange?

My settings:

3 Servers, 1 block producer and 2 Relays. The Block Producer has 32GB of RAM and the Relays have 20GB of RAM.

At first everything is ok, everything working, active, synchronized.

Any guesses?

Tks

Hi,
It is normal, once your active stake decreased also the chances/luck for blocks decreased

Cheers,

1 Like

hey guys,

For two epochs in a row my pool was drawn to create a block, but both times I was stoled by another pool. Can you tell me if there is an apparent reason, or is it a bit random?

Validating epoch 421
STOLEN: Leader for slot ‘96758799’ but “stolen” by another pool due to bad luck (lower VRF output) :frowning:

My nodes are in version 1.35.5, could it influence, since I’m not in the most current version (8.1.1)?

Thanks.

My understanding is that a “stolen” block is mostly a random occurrence, and will happen to most pools at some time. I periodically have blocks stolen, and write it off as bad luck. There are some ways to mitigate these, but as far as I know, there isn’t a way to outright stop stolen blocks. Someone correct me if I’m wrong!

I don’t know if running a previous node version increases your chances of having blocks stolen, but it is recommended to upgrade your nodes to 8.1.1

Let us know if you run into any hiccups upgrading your nodes!

Stolen due to lower VRF output, while vompeting for exactly the same slot is really just random bad luck and there’s no way that node version or anything else can influence that.

Lost slot battles with both pools producing blocks for different slots would be something else. That can be minimised by your pool being well connected (so that the next slot leader sees your block in time and builds on it instead of competing with it).

But still bad luck or badly configured pools on the other side of the battle are possible (eToro, for example, is kind of famous for that).

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I’m going to update my nodes to version 8.1.1. I’m a CNTOOLS user, do you know if there is any specific procedure for this new version 8.1.1, or can I use the same one from this post?

first update libsodium then use the same steps as u did before/in the past to upgrade to 8.1.1

Cheers,

1 Like