Warning: Sync progress unavailable: System start unavailable?

Hey there, so I have updated my Relay2 to 1.29 but not my other nodes. I get this message on the ones I didn’t update yet. (trying to change the margin)
Entered this command: currentSlot=$(cardano-cli query tip --mainnet | jq -r ‘.slot’)

Is it a thing that it’s work when I update them or do I miss something?
Thanks!

The error is not displayed in your message above.

Oh sorry,it says Warning: Sync progress unavailable: System start unavailable

What version are you running on the machine where you are running the command?

ubuntu 20.04

and the node is 1.27

Sorry not sure what might be the problem… So those nodes are running fine, they are fully synced, transaction processed counter is not 0 and is incrementing (in case you are using guild liveview), no errors in the logs?

I want to change the pledge and when tying : currentSlot=$(cardano-cli query tip --mainnet | jq -r ‘.slot’)
This is the output: Warning: Sync progress unavailable: System start unavailable

From what I understand about it, it’s pretty much just a warning that you get when your cli tools are 1.29 already, while the node isn’t: In https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-node/releases/tag/1.29.0 it’s mentioned as part of the API changes (QuerySystemStart gets the system start time) I’d guess. Your cardano-cli probably expects that to be there, while the node doesn’t (yet) know about it.

Shouldn’t cause any issues (hence it just being a warning, not an error) and should go away once your nodes are updated to 1.29 as well.

1 Like