What gives more rewards, delegating or pledging to your own pool

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It is exactly same thing… exactly same return

Cheers,

1 Like

The pledge is the amount of ADA delegated by the pool’s owner; a higher pledge will give delegators more confidence (more trust);

Cheers,

2 Likes

Do I really need a :money_with_wings: million ADA to start my own node. I am just about to go live but I can only come up with 8-10,000 ADA. Of course, I am decent at marketing and bringing people together but that takes a little time…

Hello,

U don’t need 1M to start ur pool, but with only 10k u should not expect to make blocks often; of course this can be change if u will attract delegators to ur pool. U will need to work “hard” to make your pool known to the community, but as u said it could take time.

Cheers,

1 Like

I think the pledge shows a pool operators commitment since it increases the pools chance of minting a block but he doesn’t get any rewards, only the delegators.

Why? pledging is the same thing as delegating; the pool operator will receive rewards for pledge;

Cheers,

2 Likes

Okay, i didn’t know that. Then to be honest I don’t understand the concept of pledge.

The pledge reflects the commitment of the operator

Yeah, thats what is said. But let’s say you are basically a whale and pledge 3M ADA to your own pool. Where is the commitment? It doesn’t make any difference wether you pledge to your own or delegate to other pools.
To keep your pool up and running should be your priority anyways, right?

As a pool operator u need to attract delegators right? U need to give them trust… (higher pledge more trust - more trust more delegators - more delegators more blocks - more blocks more rewards) with a big pool running, a pool operator will have more rewards (cost+margin) + rewards for pledge :wink:

Cheers,

I see that, just thought the whole pledge was a even bigger commitment :wink: