What happens if a pool owner re-delegate its account to another pool?

I just set up a pool in testnet

• It has 2 owner accounts
  • it has a separate reward account

Everything was up and running as expected. However, I did one experiment by re-delegating one owner account to another pool. I initially thought this would fail since, well, this account is declared as one of the two owners of the pool. But to my surprise, the delegation went through. So now the pool still has 2 owners, but one of them is delegated to another pool.

Is pool still a valid setup at this point? Does the defected account still contribute to the pledge?

I also have a side question - in my setup there is a separate reward account. Is it automatically counted towards the staking? Is it counted towards the pledge? From the PoolTool, the answers seem to be yes to both questions, but it seems a little strange.

Is pool still a valid setup at this point? Does the defected account still contribute to the pledge?

Nope, the pledge will be affected and the pool will not receive rewards

In order to withdraw the pledge u must wait 2 full epochs since the pledge was lowered/declared

I also have a side question - in my setup there is a separate reward account. Is it automatically counted towards the staking? Is it counted towards the pledge? From the PoolTool, the answers seem to be yes to both questions, but it seems a little strange.

Yes

1 Like

In my case what if the other owner has sufficient balance to meet pledge - is the pool still in good standing? In other words, when you say “nope”, is it because one of the owners left the pool, or is it because total delegated owner balance is below pledged amount? If it is the second reason, then it is still “fixable” by increasing the balance of the staying owner. If it is the first reason, then it is not fixable unless we re-issue the pool certificate to kick out the defecting owner.

1 Like

I set up an experiment to test this out on testnet. See this staking pool.

There are 2 owners, one of which is defected to another pool. However, the remaining owner has sufficient balance to meet the pledge. It appears the pool is in good standing. So we can conclude that staying owners have sufficient balance to meet the pledge (including the reward account if it is separate), then the pool is in good standing. Is this understanding correct?