What to enter in Mary Config File [Relay Node]? (Relay Node To Connect To The Cardano Native Tokens)

I am following this guide: https://developers.cardano.org/en/development-environments/native-tokens/how-to-use-multi-asset-tokens-in-the-cardano-node

I am assuming you create the mary-ppe/config in the /git/relay folder since that’s where my other config files are to run on the node.

I then go into that config file to enter data with nano config, but what do I enter here?

Hello,

U created subfolder config where u should download the configuration file

https://hydra.iohk.io/build/5367762/download/1/index.html

Cheers,

Hey Alex,
I just tried that an got a YAML exception error. Any idea where I am going wrong?

Ok, but inside config folder do u have any files?

I re-read your post and just moved them all to the config folder but it still won’t run. I’m not sure exactly what to do with this step…

export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=socket

cardano-node run
–topology config/topology.json
–database-path db
–config config/config.json
–port 3001
–socket-path “$CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH”

I paste it in and nothing happens after. I tried the first line by itself, and then the rest after, tried all together.

Ok I see I need to adjust the command based on the latest files imported in, this is what I have so far…

cardano-node run
–topology config/mainnet-topology.json
–database-path db
–config config/mainnet-config.json
–port 3001
–socket-path “$CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH”

No, socket path is not ok…

I’ve been searching to find where I find this socket path but have not found info on where yet.

Because the socket will be created when the node will start… you must go to relay folder… where is ur cardano file

And from there start the node but put the all path for files and db also

This is a preview of my current folder structure.

I am confused as to what I need to do.

You said where is your cardano file, which file? I showed my directory and am not sure which file you are referencing or thinking of.

So you’re saying to put all the files together, which files where?

Thanks.

Wrapping things in scripts can help. Now set up your config etc in $HOME/mainnet, create a script such as run-cardano-relay, and just run this in the background.

#!/bin/bash
export CARDANO_PATH=$HOME/iohk/test/mainnet
export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=$CARDANO_PATH/socket
export CARDANO_NODE=$HOME/bin/cardano-node

$CARDANO_NODE run --topology $CARDANO_PATH/config/topology.json --database-path $CARDANO_PATH/db --config $CARDANO_PATH/config/config.json --port 3001 --socket-path "$CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH"

Hi KevinH,

I created the run-cardano-relay.sh as follows:

Below is my folder structure of where I put it. When I run it, I get an error: