Yoroi and Ledger Nano S

Hello dear Cardano community,

I’m new in the crypto world and I’m very interested in the Cardano project. I decided to buy a Ledger Nano S and use it together with the Yoroi web extension to safely store and stake my ADA coins but I have a few noobie question because I’m paranoid about my funds.

1. What happens if I delete my Ledger Live app and reinstall it? Do I have to also delete the Cardano app on my device and reinstall it?
  2. Let’s say that I bought a new Ledger device and I restored my wallet using my old recovery phase. When installing Ledger Live there is an option to “restore device from recovery phase”. Why is that? Do you have to manually write your phase inside Ledger Live?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.
Best regards,
Robert

Hello, welcome aboard!

1. What happens if I delete my Ledger Live app and reinstall it? Do I have to also delete the Cardano app on my device and reinstall it?

Nope, the cardano app should be independent app

1. Let’s say that I bought a new Ledger device and I restored my wallet using my old recovery phase. When installing Ledger Live there is an option to “restore device from recovery phase”. Why is that? Do you have to manually write your phase inside Ledger Live?

When u are configuring the ledger for the forst time ledger will provide a 24 seed words; this seed words should be stored/bkp very safe and don’t loss it! U will need that seed words to restore the wallet

For example if this ledger will crash u will buy another ledger (new device). In order to access ur funds u will need to restore it with the seed words of the crashed ledger

HAPPY DELEGATION!