ADA stolen after importing Daedalus to Eternl

I figure it might be worth a shot since :point_down::

Cost nothing to try and restore that seed phrase in Yoroi.

1 Like

Anyway, won’t work. Yoroi only generates Ae2… Byron addresses (the ones without derivation path included in them, derived via the HD wallet algorithm). Ddz… were only used by Deadalus, somehow randomly generated, and contain the derivation path encrypted with the root public key.

Moreover, the funds were already moved further by:
https://cardanoscan.io/transaction/0e221d89d86fb5ab8938ddef6b793fed87f5ccc9b0b268e60b3c0a6e337c3043
(…, which is also the transaction that leads me to think that it is a CEX: Lots of inputs with widely varying contents – the deposit addresses – consolidated into two outputs with all of the non-ADA native tokens in one. Looks like a quite typical management transaction inside a CEX to me.)

1 Like

You can still use Claim/ Transfer option on Yoroi for old Daedalus wallets. (Although useless if ADA was moved, as you pointed out)
Legacydae

2 Likes

Thanks! Never noticed that option. Noted for next Byron question (but they get rare).

1 Like

Sorry, I just mentioned it because I was asked what I did that day in regards to daedalus or ada transactions. I doubt it has anything to do with it. But, to be clear, I had 13,686 on daedalus a little bit of ada (100 or so) on my ledger. I had the daedalus wallet long before I got a ledger. When I bought the ledger I put some ada I bought from an exchange on to it at some point. Then, on the same day my ada was stolen (Im sure it’s a coincidence) I connected my ledger to daedalus, as well.

It is so frustrating, because you seem to have done everything right – stored seed phrase hand-written offline, installed from the right source, …

We are suggesting to use the light wallets regularly (most often with a “best with a hardware wallet” addition) and I still 99.9% believe Eternl is totally legitimate and trustworthy.

Sure, you could have moved most of the funds to the Ledger before importing it to claim the Sundae, but I’m not sure if I had advised that very safe order if you had asked before.

So, it would be really good to find out, where exactly it went wrong … just to know to warn others etc.

Maybe try @Neo_Spank’s suggestion:

1 Like

Thanks for the response! I gave the transfer option a try on yaroi, unfortunately it didn’t work. I will definitely try Adaware (funny coincidence about the name, maybe it’s a sign! :wink:) It would be good since, @HeptaSean pointed out, it seems that the Eternl wallet was real, there might be something on my computer. It’s a double blow since I lost all my ada and now I’m sacred to use my good pc. I’m stuck using my old laptop. I will definitely try Adaware.

2 Likes

It is so frustrating, because you seem to have done everything right – stored seed phrase hand-written offline, installed from the right source, …

Thank you, @HeptaSean :smiling_face:.

So, it would be really good to find out, where exactly it went wrong … just to know to warn others etc.

I would like to figure it out, too. I don’t want this to happen to anyone else, either. I will definitely give Adascan a try, and try anything else I can to figure this out.

Oops, this should have been a reply to @Aaron_Priebe . Thanks, @mcrio for the response to his post. You actually explained it. My reply was unnecessary. Sometimes I fail at reading comprehension, lol.

1 Like

yo bro that’s mine

Why do you claim that random wallets mentioned somewhere on the forum are yours?

If that really is yours (highly unlikely) you should just transfer back the stolen ADA which are the topic of this thread.

If you genuinely think it is yours, maybe tell us why you think that it is and ask questions to understand better how Cardano works instead of those one-liners.

If you just want to shitpost, stop it.

1 Like

And I really thank you for taking the time to try and help me understand how to run and operate understand staking pools.
I totally get how frustrating it must be for you to read my one liners.
Maybe we could continue the conversation and actually get some progress and move forward even solve the problem