I’m very interested in saving some important digital documents as an NFT on the Cardano blockchain and learning how to implement this. I’m very new to NFT’s and the inner workings of blockchain in general so I have some (probably) basic questions for this forum to help me see if what I want to accomplish can be done on Cardano. Here are my thoughts/requirements/questions:
- We create digital documents which we sign and send via email to our clients.
- We also have a locally hosted webpage where our clients can login and download these documents as well.
- I would like to use the blockchain to confirm that these documents were created at a specific date and that the data on these documents at the time or creation cannot be changed at a later date. The existence of this document on the blockchain confirms the data at that date.
- I’ve learned a little about what an NFT is so my idea was to mint each of these documents as an NFT so this important digital document if ever changed can be proven that it was changed because the minted NFT of the document would be the source of truth.
- Is this idea possible or feasible to save documents on the blockchain as a source of truth?
- Where do I save these minted NFT document? My thought was that each document is saved on the blockchain where it can be retrieved at any time.
- If documents can be saved on the blockchain, I would need to have a secure (password protected) webpage like our locally hosted site whereby our clients can login and retrieve these documents when needed.
- If documents are not saved on the blockchain do I need to mint each document as an NFT and save each minted document on our own storage for retrieval by our website?
- How does the ownership of the NFT work? At the point the NFT is created who owns that NFT? Do we own it because we minted it? What about the rights of the NFT for our client? We did work for our client and created a digital document of our work and signed our name to that document. If we mint a document as an NFT do we need to transfer the NFT ownership of that document to our client because they paid for our service? Or do we keep the rights to the NFT document and yet allow our client access to the digital document for their use.
Any advice this forum can provide me in helping me understand if and how NFT’s can be used in creating secure digital documents and how I can distribute these NFT’s to our clients would be greatly appreciated.