Some may mistakenly think that if you want to write smart contracts for Cardano you have to learn Haskell. You can go that route, or use one of the emerging alternatives. One of these is Aiken, a new programming language and toolkit for developing smart contracts on Cardano. Aiken will be a full-featured platform that allows you to write a smart contract quickly including detailed error messages and conveniently with all the necessary tools.
- Aiken focuses only on the on-chain part of the application.
- Aiken will allow you to write and run the “Hello, World!” app in 10 minutes.
- The on-chain part of the application can be written in any language as long as there is a compiler that translates the code into Plutus Core.
- The compiler works similarly to a language translator.
- An Alpha release with the first pioneers is scheduled for Q1 2023.
This article was prepared by Cardanians with support from Cexplorer.
Read the article: https://cexplorer.io/article/aiken-simplifies-writing-smart-contracts-for-cardano