Atala PRISM - Is SDK or more info available? What is the timeline for release?

I have a dApp idea that I’d like to integrate it with & need to form Business Model/Value Proposition for a proposal to a local accelerator and eventually Catalyst. I basically need scope for the tech… so capabilities/limitations, SDK.

Does anyone know if Prism is simply waiting for smart contracts to be functional post-Alonzo?

Thx

2 Likes

I have the same question. My company LearnerShape is interested in building an edtech application requiring robust authentication and are interested in using Atala PRISM. The PRISM web site says there are SDKs and APIs, but we cannot find them anywhere.

2 Likes

Did you ever find where we can access the SDKs and APIs?

1 Like

Not yet, and I have asked a lot of people. I am hoping to learn more at the Cardano Forum session today on Atala PRISM (missed the first playing of it but will watch the next one in a few hours). There seems to be an expectation that some additional information on Atala PRISM will be provided to successful proposals in Catalyst Fund 6.

1 Like

Indeed the Atala PRISM Pioneer Program was announced today at the Cardano Forum. https://atalaprism.io/pioneers

2 Likes

Is the pioneer program the only way to access the API? I tried to register but the first class is full. I am selecting technology solution layers for our SSI requirement and our developers need an understanding of the API. Thanks for any info…

1 Like

We have gotten into the pioneer program (and just got funding for our Catalyst Fund 6 project involving Atala PRISM). I am not sure what information I will be allowed to pass along (details of the program, or at least the API/SDK, apparently remain confidential), but if there is public information that I learn about the program I will try to share it here.

4 Likes

Maury! you are the man, thanks for your response. Please advise of any news, links, updates, timeline forecasts, etc… I am starving for this info and the lack of it is a bottleneck to my next steps.

Any update?

Not much. At the end of the Atala Prism Pioneer program first cohort in December, status was:

• API/SDK release date still not set, but is a 2022 goal.
  • Before releasing open source, IOG Atala Prism is focusing on delivering some major projects.
  • Atala Prism Pioneers get ability to call the SDK, but not access to the SDK code repo. I believe another pioneers cohort is in planning.
  • Current API/SDK in written in Kotlin, but there are plans for a Javascript version.
3 Likes

Thank you, @Maury!

I was trying to find details about Atala Prism and its Pioneer Program for a long time now.