Aug 17, 2023 | Voltaire era: Parameter committee intermediate state

I’m reposting these comments from the July 6th Notes. Hoping to get an answer. Thanks!

Hello, I just wanted to follow up. I was recently told by a member of the Parameter Committee that K=1,000 is still on the table. I’m not sure if this is official communication or official stance of the committee since none of the notes specifically say that K=1,000 will be part of the committee’s future recommendations. If so, can this be added to these notes or the notes for the next meeting?

The notes posted from July 6th say:

" The committee recommended decreasing the minPoolCost parameter to 170 Ada per epoch in line with the results of the SPO poll, and monitoring the effects of changing this parameter. Once the effects on the network and stake pools have been analyzed, further changes to either or both parameters can be considered."

Can you share what will be monitored? What are the metrics being watched? Over what timeline will they be watched or how long must they remain stable? What are the target numbers for these metrics that would trigger the committee to put in a recommendation for K=1,000?

Also, I would like to follow up on this post from July 6th Notes, on a request to add disclosures, which I believe another member of the committee said were in progress, unless I misunderstood them:

Lastly, I was wondering is replying to the notes here the preferred method of communicating with the Parameters Committee? Or is there a different method? Also is there a main contact from the committee that we should be in contact with?

Thank you!

4 Likes