Call to all "inactive" pools (+/- 400 pools)

And many more. I believe IOHK mostly kickstarted those who’ve contributed the most with the Stakepool Workgroup.

As a side note, it should be the case that almost every pool receives delegations from either IOHK or the Cardano Foundation at least one time during the testnet phase. Asking for delegations will thus be redundant.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what I mean by “Self homemade cooking”

Well, it has been 3 weeks already… How many time the redistribution was made during that time?
Not wanting to start an argument here, I just want to understand ASAP if it is a good idea to keep my pool online. Not mine, but many pools has monthly fees…My pool cost me 0$/month, it is a generous donation from a top highest level tech guy that appreciate my passion for ADA.

I dont try to protect myself here. I am the voice of many that keep silent but have the same feeling that I have.

I respect your opinion. I, myself would rather call it a thank you in return for their efforts.

I believe we as the CF rotate weekly and i can’t say when and which pool receives delegation from the CF or IOHK.

3 Likes

Just keep your pool online, try to advertise on social media.
When main net will be activated al lot more ADA will need a stakepool, your will be one of them.

If you wanted a lot of staked ADA or ADA from IOHK/CF you needed to start earlier :sweat_smile:

Cool didn’t know they did that :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s wrong and it’s embarrassing to read.

1.) With 200k you have a chance to produce a block. Not every day, for sure but you have a chance. I myself delegated to a pool with now 83k altogether. Up to now no block was produced, so what? If this pool produces one block per month then everything is fine.

2.) You accuse IOHK and CF to push only friends. Do you have any evidence for that accusation?

3.) Even if your accusation was right: They have every right to delegate to whoever they want to. There is no obligation for them to push small pools or pools of people who cry loudest.

No! I didn’t hear of anyone but you that he was “shocked”. Please give proofs for your accusation.

4 Likes

Please keep in mind that the last two out of three weeks were a winter vacation/holiday period for most employees across all three entities. Please be more patient.

Asking for delegations from official entities and randomly accusing them of nepotism is not a good approach nor helping your cause. This Testnet is also about testing the (self)sustainability/education of the community, it’s delegators and in this particular case, the stakepool operators. Delegations from the ecosystem entities will happen at random and rotate, just like @Andy_Hendrikx said.

The internet has been around for decades now, but people still start internet shops and businesses that start to generate revenue and gain visibility over time and after hard work and participation. So no, you’re not late to the party at all. :+1:

Good luck with your stakepool endeavors!

5 Likes