Can someone please explain how transaction fees are calculated excaly?

As far as I understand you pay 0.17ADA/tx, but is this fee the same for bigger transaction amount, for example over 100k ADA or even more? Thanks :slight_smile:

I think fees of transactions depends on what type of transaction you want to submit. so if you want to send ADA it is one type of transaction - which has a predefined fee - which independent from the amount of ADA you want to send. but I am not an expert…

1 Like

You need to read this article (Cardano Documentation) on how to calculate transaction fee in Cardano network @CHINAPOOL

https://docs.cardano.org/en/latest/explore-cardano/cardano-fee-structure.html#:~:text=Cardano’s%20fee%20structure%20is%20quite,a%2Fb%20are%20protocol%20parameters

As far as I know, it depends on the size of the transaction in bytes. They have equation to calculate the fees. So basically, it’s about the size of the data for the smart contracts, not the value of the ADA that you want to send. In Ethereum ecosystem, it depends on the amount of computational effort that it will take to execute certain operations.

2 Likes

There is also a wonderful blog post by Lars (Education Director): How Cardano's transaction fees work - IOHK Blog

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s helpful!