Cannot sign transaction

Please, please can anyone help as I have been up all night and cannot get this to work

I have tried to sign a transaction as I wanted to update my pool margin and after providing the following command I get the error below it

*cardano-cli shelley transaction submit *

*> --tx-file tx.signed *

> --mainnet

Shelley command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ApplyTxError [LedgerFailure (UtxowFailure (UtxoFailure (ValueNotConservedUTxO

I have followed the guide exactly and I had no problem signing the transaction when I first registered the pool. I have been all over the internet to try and resolve this but cannot find anything that makes any sense - any help is much appreicated.

ValueNotConservedUTxO - sounds like you messed up calculating fee or subtracting it from the UTXO value.

You can skip the calculating fee step. 0.2 ADA fee will cover any simple transaction (overpay to avoid miscalculation)
Original UTXO value - 200000 lovelace = Send amount
You do NOT need to resend the pool deposit fee if you are just modifying your pool.

3 Likes

Thanks - I am just in the process of re syncing the database and then see how I go - hopefully I can get this sorted out

You do NOT need to resend the pool deposit fee if you are just modifying your pool.

Thank you for pointing this out.