Cardano for the Masses Ch 8: Aiken

We’re reading the latest edition of Cardano for the Masses by John Greene, and want to encourage community participation by doing a read-along. We invite you to pick up the book, come along, leave a comment, and participate in the related “Every Epoch” giveaway when they come up!

Our last Chapter review from Cardano for the Masses was “Chapter 7: Marlowe” from the Age of Voltaire edition, published just 13 months ago. Knowing that a newer edition was in the works and available online, I went to check it out. There, I was surprised to see that Chapter 7: Marlowe was gone, replaced by a new “Chapter 7: Aiken :heart:”.

I was curious about the change, so I reached out to author John Greene to ask about it. If the heart emoji in the chapter title isn’t a giveaway, it turns out that he just really likes Aiken, which is a newer programming language for Cardano.

“I’m confident Aiken will dwarf Marlowe and Plutus in time… everyone has their favourites however.” -John Greene

So while he really wanted to feature his new favorite topic, Aiken, author Greene also expressed that he was committed to making the book more concise in future editions, not longer. So he is sticking to 10 chapters, which is why Marlowe got the chop to make way for Aiken.

So with that said, we are back here with another chapter review. It’s Chapter 7 again, but this time: Aiken :heart:!

Read the rest at Lido Nation:

1 Like