Cardano Foundation announces its delegation methodology - CLOSED

If a pool is part of the group - what does it matter when it was registered. By being part of a group it is currently not qualified. Provided, such link can be entertained.

Ticker has no bearing on the delegation methodology. What matters is the unique ID in your poolā€™s information and no known group link to establish independence.

1 Like

Interesting. I tried to get this answer for so many weeks. E.g. weā€™ve had 5% set from the very beginning. So to qualify - it has to be 4.9% then instead? Not sure why this couldnā€™t have been 5 or less to avoid such, but okay.

Group information would indeed simplify the process. Was just thinking of refining the process, if grouping might have been missed somehow. (Iā€™d look for an example if Iā€™d find one)

@danny_cryptofay Iā€™m sorry if I missed that question. Whether it is <5% (less than) or <=5% (less than or equal) was a completely arbitrary decision. It could have been either one or the other, the important thing is that it is determined exactly.

Nah, I have asked someone from foundation on twitter and he said to come back to clarify. No worries.

7 January 2021 re-delegations by the Cardano Foundation

The 45 stake pools the Cardano Foundation re-delegated to on 7 January 2021 are (in alphabetical order):

1STKE,
ABBA*,
ADI,
ADNT,
ALPHA,
ALPS,
AMAR,
ANQA,
APOOL,
ARKA,
ART,
AUTO,
BOOST,
BPOOL,
BROTH,
BYADA,
CHIL,
CRTX,
CSR,
CYPOQ,
DMOON,
FIRE,
FRUIT,
HOARD,
IWH,
KARMA,
LAGO,
LIFT,
LOCO,
LPR,
LSS,
MAG,
MANA,
ORCA,
POF,
SEGV,**
SILVR,
SoPHi,
TSS,
UNION,
VEGAS,
VIBE,
XORN,
ZELDA.

**EDIT: As attentive community members have already pointed out, there were two pools in the list that did not fulfil their pledge. Therefore, they were re-delegated:
ABBA ā†’ MAML
SEGV ā†’ PARAD

10 Likes

Thank you! :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot im very happy to see that i have the support from the foundation
Cheers from Chile

2 Likes

How Does BBHMM stake pool get included in this? We were part of the ITN and had a pool up during the Shelly Hardfork.

• Hold between ā‚³25,000 and ā‚³2mn as a pledge, We are at around 600,000
  • Operated by a stakepool operator that only runs one pool (difficult to verify but best effort attempt), Only 1
  • Have a normal operating cost of less than 5% variable rate, and a fixed rate of around ā‚³340,
    We are at 5% and 340
  • Does not have a high number of ada already staked (less than 5% saturation),
    We are around 1 million
  • Have validated blocks successfully in the past,
    We have 3 blocks now
  • Have not been delegated to by the Cardano Foundation in the last four rounds
    We have not

Good move, glad to see the Foundation continue support of community stake pools. :smiley:

2 Likes

I believe it is exactly as stated, i.e. ā€œless thanā€ and not ā€œless than or equal to.ā€

Oh shoot. Thanks for that. Sorry I misread.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your supportā€¦

Regards,
Cardanesia (ADI)

1 Like

Perhaps next time the Cardano Foundation can take into consideration since when a stake pool is running?
Furthermore I advise the Cardano Foundation to check if the stake pool has his pledge fulfilled as both ABBA and SEGV are missing pledge. Which means delegators will not receive rewards if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

We are already aware of this, thank you for pointing it out.

Thank you very much :pray:t2:

1 Like

As attentive community members have already pointed out, there were two pools in the list that did not fulfil their pledge. Therefore, they were re-delegated:
ABBA ā†’ MAML
SEGV ā†’ PARAD

6 Likes

Beyond stokedā€¦much love(lace), 1 love(lace), thank you :pray:

MAML

4 Likes