Cardano Foundation Governance

There are a hundred things in the roadmap that AREN’T Voltaire.
But it seems more people are realising that we need a voting method to determine what is important.
Dismissing one thing for another or being overly focused on one thing less important, is exactly why we need a voting system to establish what is a priority. And if the majority vote something one dissagrees with, one becomes the minority :slight_smile:

I disagree that a voting system should be a top priority right now and here is why. First off there is not a voting system yet. So to make it a top priority, given that creating such a system would take perhaps many months or many years, would be a major distraction. There was no vote on it and Mr. Hoskinson certainly never said that Voltaire was going to be the major project after Shelly. What he DID SAY many times is that Goguen and Plutus and Marlowe would be coming next. IF they don’t come soon, anyone can see, Cardano will lose it’s great respect that it has earned throughout the world. I believe that pushing voting to the forefront like this is a good example of mob rule. Volatiare, according to Mr Hoskinson was going to come much later than this . Just listen to so many of his AMA’s.

I find your line of reasoning hard to comprehend, because I believe:

• No one is pushing voting to the forefront. If it comes earlier it’s a good thing but it doesn’t mean it got pushed to top priority.
  • There are different teams working on Voltaire and Goguen “in parallel” so it’s a misunderstanding that one would be a distraction or a priority. I’ve heard Charles say that at least 3 times in his AMA’s.
  • If at any point I said Voltaire or voting should be the priority I meant it in the context of the Cardano Foundation roadmap. I wasn’t suggesting Voltaire get pushed ahead of Goguen, which as already mentioned isn’t possible.
  • I’m hoping Voltaire can have a big influence over CF’s future, but Goguen is largely irrelevant to it with exception of funding etcetc.
  • You made an invalid assumption that I or we think Goguen is less important, because we talk about CF, voting and Voltaire.

Thank you Luck for the clarification. I suppose the frustration for my part comes in as it has been a very very long wait for Marlowe and smart contracts in general and I still do not see an end in sight. Do you have any idea when Smart contracts will be online so to speak.

Thanks again,

Stephen

2 Likes

I believe on the last Thursday of every month IOHK has a community update on the development progress. According to Charles we will be getting details on the schedule of the Goguen roll out at this next one which I think is on the 24th. Things are happening pretty quickly. BTW one of the things we will be voting on with Voltaire soon is for improvement proposals with money from the Treasury which will be pretty cool. I think it will create some excitement and encourage people to submit proposals. We are all a little impatient but things are coming together.

Thanks so much Donny. I love the Cardano project. I am one of those who is impatient. But this is really difficult to pull off. I really appreciate your take=ing the time to explain this to me. Cheers for now. Stephen

1 Like

BTW Here is a link to the video for the August update: