Cardano-node.service (failed to load environment files) (failed to run 'start' t ask) (failed with result 'resources'(failed to start Cardano node service)

cardano-node.service - Cardano node service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/cardano-node.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: resources) since Sat 2021-02-27 20:17:58 UTC; 2s ago

Feb 27 20:17:58 ip-s systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 69.
Feb 27 20:17:58 ip-x systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano node service.
Feb 27 20:17:58 ip-x systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Failed to load environment files: No such file or directory
Feb 27 20:17:58 x systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Failed to run ā€˜startā€™ task: No such file or directory
Feb 27 20:17:58 x systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Failed with result ā€˜resourcesā€™.
Feb 27 20:17:58 ipx systemd[1]: Failed to start Cardano node service.

journalctl -e -f -u cnode.service

cnode.service: Changing to the requested working directory failed: No such file or directory
Feb 27 20:30:13 systemd[3945]: cnode.service: Failed at step CHDIR spawning /bin/bash: No such file or directory
Feb 27 20:30:18 systemd[3957]: cnode.service: Changing to the requested working directory failed: No such file or direc

Did u changed, moved files?

:/etc/systemd/system$ ls
cardano-node.service final.target.wants open-vm-tools.service.requires snap-lxd-19188.mount sshd.service
cloud-final.service.wants getty.target.wants paths.target.wants snap-snapd-10707.mount sysinit.target.wants
cloud-init.target.wants grap

i think im using cardano-node.service not cnode

journalctl -e -f -u cardano-node.service
/home//cardano-my-node/startBlockProducingNode.sh: line 11: cardano-node: command not found
Feb 25 16:51:34 bash[415016]: /home//cardano-my-node/startBlockProducingNode.sh: line 11: cardano-node: command not found

Ok then, try to run the script manuallyā€¦ same error?

What script manually? My node is running fine. I am trying to get the systemctl/systemd scripts to auto boot my nodes if they go offline.

Aaa ok, thenā€¦ remeber pleaseā€¦ do u have an env file? Can u show me?

And nano /etc/systemd/system/cardano-node.service

check if the paths are correct/available

EnvironmentFile=/home/xx/cardano-node/

my ENV file is in there

So , u have the env file for glive right?
Ur script for starting the node has no connection with envā€¦ u can adapt the path in env for config, topology files, db socket, etc and try again

You do see that there are double slashes ā€œ//ā€?
Maybe thatā€™s the problem.
Iā€™m not familiar with your setup but Iā€™d guess you need to change it to:
/home/cardano-my-nodeā€¦

Everything else seems to be pointing to systemd not being able to locate or find a file / directory.

It says that is line 11 in my but I checked my startblockproducer.sh and it looks fine and a the cardano-node.service looks fine also.

Im not sure if i have the env for gLive i have a env file in my /cardano-node/ directory

not sure what your wanting me to do.

Ur systemd use env file so, maybe u will need to set the right path for ur files in env

For example socket lineā€¦ uncomment the line at write the path (go to ur file where ur socket is located and type pwd ā€¦ and add that path in envā€¦
this operation should be done for all files used by ur script (config file, topology file, etc

1 Like

im changing the default paths in ENV

I dont have this #SOCKET="${CNODE_HOME}/sockets/node0.socket"
node0.socket

this is what is in my ā€œdbā€ folder
immutable ledger lock node.socket protocolMagicId socket volatile