Core seems to be set as Relay

Hi, I followed the description set through Guide: How to build a Cardano Stake Pool - CoinCashew
But for some reason both of my servers are listed as Relay, I would expect the left one to be set to Core.
How to correct this?

Hello,

Check my post

But you are on epoch 4 let the nodes to be 100% synced first

1 Like

We have the same problem. Now that both are synced, the producer still appears as relay and not core-mainnet. We also followed the Coincashew tutorial. What could be wrong?

Kes, certificate, etc

Check the script for starting the Producer

Should be like this

Update vrf key permissions to read-only.

chmod 400 vrf.skey

Update your startup script with the new KES, VRF and Operation Certificate.

cat > $NODE_HOME/startBlockProducingNode.sh << EOF
DIRECTORY=$NODE_HOME

PORT=XXXX
HOSTADDR=0.0.0.0
TOPOLOGY=${DIRECTORY}/{NODE_CONFIG}-topology.json DB_PATH=\${DIRECTORY}/db SOCKET_PATH=\${DIRECTORY}/db/socket CONFIG=\${DIRECTORY}/{NODE_CONFIG}-config.json
KES=${DIRECTORY}/kes.skey
VRF=${DIRECTORY}/vrf.skey
CERT=${DIRECTORY}/node.cert
cardano-node run --topology ${TOPOLOGY} --database-path ${DB_PATH} --socket-path ${SOCKET_PATH} --host-addr ${HOSTADDR} --port ${PORT} --config ${CONFIG} --shelley-kes-key ${KES} --shelley-vrf-key ${VRF} --shelley-operational-certificate ${CERT}
EOF

Thx

1 Like

Hey,

i have also the same problem. KES files seems ok. startup script also ok.

@Alexd1985: Are your hints also for nodes build without cntools? is there another way to check, if block producer node is running properly?

Thx

Yes, this is an alternative to glive for cntools

Run it and check the outputs

" NOT A BLOCK PRODUCER! RELAY ONLY!"

Unfortunately not what i wanted to read but there is also another problem because the block producer is not sync. maybe thats the reason.
i will check it tomorrow…

thx for now.

1 Like

Yes, should be sync

ok I got it.

Main problem was a line break in startBlockProducingNode.sh in the last command … stupid.

thx for help
MA

1 Like

@Alexd1985 - You’ve saved me many times in my pool-building research and I thought it was about time to voice my gratitude. Thank you very much for all you do to lift up the community. :partying_face:

Pointing the block producing node startup script to the kes, vrf, and node certificate was today’s head scratcher, and you made the answer very clear.

I want to also point out that this forum allows markdown, so code blocks can be marked up using three backticks (optional: plus the language involved) above the block and three backticks below to close the code block. This makes shared code much easier to read.

example:

```bash
CODE_BLOCK=XXXX
# more code goes here
```

becomes:

CODE_BLOCK=XXXX
# more code goes here

The code that helped me – modified for number of columns (to avoid horizontal scrolling) and placed between triple-backticks:

DIRECTORY=$NODE_HOME
PORT=XXXX
HOSTADDR=0.0.0.0
TOPOLOGY=${DIRECTORY}/{NODE_CONFIG}-topology.json
DB_PATH=\${DIRECTORY}/db
SOCKET_PATH=\${DIRECTORY}/db/socket
CONFIG=\${DIRECTORY}/{NODE_CONFIG}-config.json
KES=${DIRECTORY}/kes.skey
VRF=${DIRECTORY}/vrf.skey
CERT=${DIRECTORY}/node.cert
cardano-node run \
--topology ${TOPOLOGY} \
--database-path ${DB_PATH} \
--socket-path ${SOCKET_PATH} \
--host-addr ${HOSTADDR} \
--port ${PORT} \
--config ${CONFIG} \
--shelley-kes-key ${KES} \
--shelley-vrf-key ${VRF} \
--shelley-operational-certificate ${CERT}

To demarcate inline code from the surrounding prose, single backticks placed before and after the code with no carriage returns works.

Here’s an example of inline code formatted with markdown: #!/bin/bash

1 Like