Crowd staking possibilities

So we are building a project which is still at its very early stage.

Is it possible to stake from script addresses?

Trying to use this to implement a feature; cash advance system.

PS: Our hands are wide open to new team members.

A script address can be combined with a stake key so that staking rewards accrue from ADA held in the script. I have verified this on testnet.

Currently, a script address cannot be a stake key, but I have the impression that might change in the future. So, right now, a script cannot spend staking rewards.

See this thread for more discussion.

1 Like

Thank you, I figured I might need to explain further…

Not a techie!!

Now for this cash advance, say 4 investors put in a constant amount of 500 ADA and locked it for 1month. The first investor needs quick cash so he takes the reward of all four investors. This is rotated till all investors gets their rewards.

This ofcourse, if possible to implement right now must be Decentralized and trustless.

Prior to smart contracts, I think you can accomplish this trustlessly, but not in a decentralized fashion. Below is the recipe for a one-month segment: doing four month-by-month rotations would be much more complicated because it would involve setting up 16 scripts that cascade funds each month.

For each one-month round, you’d need to create four time-locked scripts (one for each investor). Each investor would have the private key for their own script, but the reward from all four scripts would accrue to the first investor. Here is the procedure, but steps 1-7 are not decentralized:

1. Each investor creates a time-locked script that they can withdraw funds from only after one month, and they share the script and its hash with the first investor.
  2. The first investor combines the hash of the verification key for their staking address separately with each of the four script hashes to create for stakable script addresses.
  3. The first investor creates one transaction that takes 500 ADA input from each investor and sends 500 ADA to each of the four stakable scripts.
  4. The file containing the unsigned transaction is sent to each investor.
  5. After they each individually review the four scripts to see that they are truly time-locked and that the transaction is constructed correctly, each investor witnesses the transaction by signing with their private key for their incoming 500 ADA.
  6. Each investor sends their witness file to the first investor.
  7. The first investor combines all four witness files with the unsigned transaction to create a signed transaction that they then submit.
  8. During the month, staking rewards accrue to the first investor.
  9. At the end of the month, each investor separately withdraws funds from their own script.

As you can see, this involves complexity, technical skills, and requires person-to-person communication and file transfer. Just rotating rewards probably wouldn’t be worth dealing with all of this.

1 Like

You have done more than justice to this, thank you for the feedback… It’s the most detailed I have seen in our research, inquiries and consulting within the community.

Please, expect my PM.