Daedalus data Directory

I ran the setup and changed the default installation path to my much larger 2TB data drive. However I noticed that Daedalus stored the block data on C:\users%USERNAME%\appdata\roaming\Daedalus.

Is there some way to change the data directory to a different drive and directory?

Thanks

open cmd as admin mood. run this command

mklink /J C:\Users\profilename\AppData\Roaming\Daedalus F:\myfolder

if you still having trouble just search this keyword on google “mklink /J” there is lots of tutorial about it.

can’t seem to get this to work in win10 fall creators edition even in dev mode. It would be nice if, in future updates, the option to select where you want the blocks stored was given during the install process.

In windows 10 you can go to “settings - system - storage - change where new content is saved” and set a different drive for all app data storage; for that user… This will create a new “username” folder on that drive, including all the trimmings like AppData. It only works for this case, if you do it before the Daedalus install. But still a handy tip for anyone using an SSD and wanting to save space on the OS drive… If you don’t want to reinstall follow this tutorial…