Published by the Cardano Foundation Community Team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates and events about the project and ecosystem!
If you are interested in receiving the Community Digest in the future directly via email, please sign-up here!
Last week, many community members congratulated Cardano on its sixth birthday. Some might have noticed that the exact date was a topic of discussion. The beautiful thing about a distributed network such as Cardano is that you can use the on-chain data to help answer that question.
On 24 September 2017, the Cardano network saw its first transaction. Interestingly, 24 September is also the birthday of Gerolamo Cardano, who is the namesake of the network. A few days later, on 28 September for members of the Americas and 29 September for other members across the globe, Bittrex accepted deposits of ada. On 2 October, trading began on the exchange.
A lot has happened in the last six years; the ecosystem has matured and is thriving. We are incredibly excited for the future and can’t wait to see what the future holds!
The agenda for this year’s Cardano Summit from 2-4 November 2023 in Dubai was announced. Discover the wide range of topics covered by renowned speakers across various industries. The agenda can be found on the Cardano Summit website at Agenda - Cardano Summit 2023.
This past weekend, NFTxLV, formerly known as cNFTcon, hosted its event for the second time at the Las Vegas Convention Centre. Over three days, the event brought together a diverse range of projects, industry professionals, and innovative minds. Many attendees were delighted to reunite and strengthen their connections. Others who attended for the first time were keen to network and explore possibilities for collaboration and making an impact within and beyond the industry.
Representatives of the Cardano Foundation hosted two very insightful workshops on the topic:
- All about the blocks. Block propagation, monitoring, and optimization
- From Ideation to Adoption: Expanding the NFT Ecosystem
- Digital artists and creators are encouraged to submit their designs for this year’s Cardano Summit 2023 NFT gallery until 15 October. Source
- Community member Juan Pippo has created an interactive view of the Catalyst Fund 10 voting results. This tool enables users to access advanced filtering options for further analysis. Source
- Everyone who participated in Catalyst Fund 10 voting can now utilize a Lidonation tool to retrieve their encrypted votes and verify if their votes have successfully reached the blockchain. Source
- CEO Frederik Gregaard was quoted in a piece from CoinDesk, in which he discussed EU and UK regulations and called for greater clarity on new staking rules. In addition to this, he also discussed regulatory challenges facing the crypto industry in Switzerland. Source
- IOG has announced the results of its recent campaign for Project Catalyst’s Fund 10. The community voted that IOG should continue as the operator of Project Catalyst for the next 12 months. Source
- NFTxLV - Mainstage Live Stream. Source
- Understanding the Need for Governance. Soruce
- The Cardano Foundation launched the State of the Cardano Developer Ecosystems survey. Source
Below are the most engaging topics on Reddit
- Minswap is for sure the best DEX out there… incredible how easy it’s been using… Big shout out to Minswap for being awesome!
- The Cardano Genesis Block was minted 6 Years ago (article)
- DAI can now be bridged to Cardano!
- It’s not easy to develop on Cardano, check out this community-developed tool that will make developers’ lives much easier.
- Coinecta is coming to Cardano!
- Discovering ADA: A Guide To CARDANO In 2023
- After receiving alot of great Feedback on my last post i found the time to Finish my first Cardano Tutorial for complete Beginners about Cardano’s Pool Saturation mechanism.
- Marlowe makes it easy for finance professionals to build Cardano smart contracts! Join us as we share how Marlowe can help both developers and those new to Cardano.
- Hydra Use Case are Banks
- Latest Cardano News
Topics that have received the most clicks from external sources. (last 10 Days)
- CatalystFUND10日本関連提案通過結果 (9.7億円中、7.5億円ほどが通過) 546
- Project Catalyst Fund 10 Reflections - What Works & What Doesnt 509
- ADA missing from daedulus mainnet after upgrading to 5.3 145
- What is the status of the “The Island, The Ocean, The Pond” roadmap? 121
- Recuperacion de Billetera 106
- CatalystFUND10ユーにゃさん/Ranketさん/和久田さん/Sociousセラさん/Haさん/PAIMA状況報告 - 東半球ミートアップ 95
- Cardano IPFS equivalent? 92
- And that’s it… Catalyst After Town Hall - The End of a Story 57
- Sep 7, 2023 Voltaire era: Parameter committee intermediate state 57
- Idea ownership approaches worth considering 34
|Other meetups around the world:|
|23 August 2023||Pacific Town Hall - August 23, 2023 Meetup More Info|
|25 August 2023||Empowering the Cardano Community in Africa: IdeaFest & Insight Sharing 2 (25th August). More Info|
|09 September 2023||Cardano Eastern Townhall - Catalyst Explorer with Lidonation. More Info|
|09 September 2023||The First Cardano Meetup In Wales More Info|
|09 September 2023||Cardano Meetup In Vienna More Info|
Are you interested in attending CIP editor meetings? Join the Discord channel to learn more about this interesting community where ideas and recommended changes are all discussed.
This week, @RyanW gives us a glimpse of the most pressing matters with a new CIP about HD wallet key derivation.
For a comprehensive breakdown and more details, please visit the Cardano Forum.
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers to not only collaborate on projects but also to showcase their works.
The Developer Portal aspires to become a credible source where users can search for tools to fit their needs.
Community projects already running on mainnet are encouraged to add their projects to the Developer Portal.
- VESPR Wallet: VESPR is a non-custodial mobile light wallet for the Cardano network, prioritizing the security and safety of your digital assets while ensuring exceptional ease of use. Your private keys and assets always remain under your control.
We value your feedback and would love to learn how you experienced reading our Community Digest. Please take a few seconds to provide feedback:
Many thanks and greetings from the Community Team!