Published by the Cardano Foundation Community Team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates and events about the project and ecosystem!
If you are interested in receiving the Community Digest in the future directly via email, please sign-up here!
It’s time to celebrate outstanding achievements within the Cardano ecosystem. We’re thrilled to announce that nominations for the Cardano Summit Awards are now officially open!
Don’t miss this chance to nominate projects and remarkable individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the Cardano community.
Hurry, though, because nominations will be closing on September 13th, 2023! source
The inaugural Cardano Summit Hackathon is currently underway, taking place online before the main Summit event. The deadline for final submissions is set for September 14, 2023. A panel of experts from the Cardano Foundation and EMURGO will evaluate each entry to determine the recipients of the top prize, which includes a generous reward of USD $10,000, along with a $5,000 allocation for travel and accommodation expenses for those attending the Summit in Dubai. It’s worth noting that the winner will be officially announced during the Gala Awards Dinner on the second day of the Summit.
Sebastian Bode, the Director of Engineering at the Foundation, provides a recap of the initial three webinars held for the Cardano Summit Hackathon. source
Catalyst Voting Now LIVE: 50M $ada Available In Funding
Voting for Fund10 officially kicked off on August 31, 2023, marking yet another pivotal moment in the Cardano community’s decision-making process. With an impressive lineup of more than 1400 proposals and a substantial funding budget of 50 million $ada, it’s now your turn to decide who should receive funding.
Participating is straightforward. If you have registered your wallet by latest August 18, 2023, you can now cast your votes on the proposals using the Project Catalyst voting app.
Make your voice heard by participating in this crucial process, but remember, the voting window closes on September 14, 2023. Your input matters in determining which projects receive funding, so take this chance to influence Cardano’s growth and development. Here is a step by step guide to help you on your way!
- New Developer Blog: W3:Ride. source
- Meet Hazelpool: A remarkable Cardano Stake Pool - developer & advocate for animal rights. source
- Cardano Over Coffee: A Comprehensive Talk with the CEO of Cardano Foundation Frederik Gregaard. source
- Essential Cardano360 - August 2023 - Input Output YouTube. source
- Rare Evo Day 2 Main Stage Live Stream- YouTube. source
- Spectrum Bloom: A self-developing, sustainable, eUTxO-native framework for decentralized finance. source
- Understanding the Cardano Consensus (article). source
- Twitter Space: Coin Bureau and Bullish Dumpling with Charles Hoskinson. source
Below are the most engaging topics on Reddit
- ELI5 - why is ADA better than eth ?
- Milkomeda V2 launches with the ability to use EVM Solidity contracts directly from any Cardano wallet
- Spectrum Bloom: A self-developing, sustainable, eUTxO-native framework for decentralized finance
- Looking at the Cardano Stablecoin Market
- Are you guys in it for the money or in it for what Cardano could become?
- Voting or lack thereof
- Upcoming Twitter Space, Cardano Fri, Sep 1 at 11:00 AM - @IOHK_Charles & @coinbureau - In conversation with Charles Hoskinson where we discuss Cardano, the state of crypto and much more - Coin Bureau on Twitter
- Can someone explain the below please ?
- How I checked proposals with almost 50% of the #Catalyst Fund 10 ask…
We want to introduce Spectrum Bloom: A sustainable, transparent, eUTxO-native framework for decentralized finance.
Topics that have received the most clicks from external sources. (last 10 Days)
Other meetups around the world:
|* 26 July 2023||Pacific Town Hall Meeting Recaps|
|* 30 July 2023||[Cardano Hub Jakarta] Meetup: NFT Projects in Cardano. More Info|
|* 11 August 2023||Empowering the Cardano Community in Africa: IdeaFest & Insight Sharing 1. More Info|
|* 19 August 2023||[Meetup] Eastern Town Hall - IdeaFest Reels. More Info|
|* 25 August 2023||Cardano Dinner In Taiwan - Aug. 25th. More Info|
|* 25 August 2023||MENA CIP 1694 Workshops Follow up (Part 1). More Info|
Are you interested in attending CIP editor meetings? Join the Discord channel to learn more about this interesting community where ideas and recommended changes are all discussed.
Bi-weekly CIP Editor Meeting Summary:
This week, @RyanW gives us a glimpse of the most pressing matters:
- CIP-0067, CIP-0068 | Add Clarification for Edits and Modification:
- We’re working on making things more organized and clear with the extensions to CIP-0067 and 68.
What happened in CIPs last week?
- CIP Editors Meeting #72:
For a comprehensive breakdown and more details, please visit the Forum.
Below you will discover a selection of Catalyst proposals originating from various community members, which have piqued our interest. Please note that by featuring these proposals in our Community Digest, we are not expressing explicit support for any single proposal. We strongly encourage each voter to conduct their own due diligence before making any voting decisions.
Proposal #1: Cardano Over Coffee - Brewing Success for the Cardano Community by Empowering SPOs and Builders
Cardano Over Coffee aims to provide value to the Cardano community through informative and engaging content. However, the current structure and scope of the program require a comprehensive solution to effectively manage and expand its reach.
Implementing these solutions will result in Cardano Over Coffee improving its content offerings, enhancing community engagement, expanding its audience through podcasts and websites, and providing dedicated support for Project Catalyst proposals. Read More
Proposal #2: Cardano explorer improvements (Cexplorer.io)
Blockchain decentralization today is primarily measured by the number of pool operators. Let’s be honest, if you can’t get a good look at the blockchain and if there aren’t enough usable explorers, the blockchain is actually centralized too. We’ve been supporting Cardano actually since its inception, we want to continue to do that and we don’t want to slip into mandatory payments or anything like that. We want to provide not only explorer services, analytical data, but also education - publishing articles and educating delegators. Read More
Proposal #3: OpShin Core - Developing Python Smart Contracts
Writing Smart Contracts on Cardano in Plutus/Haskell is difficult. Alternatives like OpShin (Python) are not well funded and currently have no dedicated developers pushing the project forward. By hiring a part time developer, the OpShin project can make progress in the desired pace such that it will truly enable onboarding of new developers into the ecosystem. Read More
Proposal #4: plu-ts - 0 to full Cardano dApp tutorial/documentation
Solution: We propose a series of videos to be uploaded on youtube explaining the technical concept of it assuming no background experience in blockchain (though targets are developers) Read More
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers who are dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers to not only collaborate on projects but also to showcase their works.
The Developer Portal aspires to become a credible source where users can search for tools to fit their needs.
Community projects already running on mainnet are encouraged to add their projects to the Developer Portal.
- VESPR Wallet: VESPR is a non-custodial mobile light wallet for the Cardano network, prioritizing the security and safety of your digital assets while ensuring exceptional ease-of-use. Your private keys and assets always remain under your control.
- Pavia: Create, explore and trade in the Cardano virtual world owned by its users…
- Turf: Turf creates cartographic NFTs / wall art. Each Turf is a gorgeous 1/1 map based artwork of your favorite place on earth, preserved as interactive 3D NFTs.
We value your feedback, and would love to learn how you experienced reading our Community Digest. Please take a few seconds to provide feedback:
Many thanks, and greetings from the Community Team!