Docs and procedures for p2p (how to run p2p?)

I did think about that but chose not to configure things that way. My reasoning was as follows:

I don’t see any point in including all your own relays in each relay’s P2P topology file. What you care about is fastest transmission of new blocks to your block producer. You don’t care which relay delivers it to your block producer only that it gets there fast. Having your relays connect with each other won’t speed up transmission to your block producer. Furthermore, I don’t think you care if your other relays get the latest block via your block producer. I think that having a star shaped topology with your block producer at the centre is likely to be faster for the block producer.

If you consider the situation where you have a mesh topology then you could have one of your relays request block data from the first receiving relay at the same time as your block producer is requesting it. This could slow the transmission of data to your block producer should the first relay choose to transmit to the second relay before the block producer.

1 Like