dRep Book Club

@xeeban

Please provide links to these references.

Just some thoughts after checking out the Miro link contained in the Catalyst proposal.
These books have all been proposed by IOG. This is how academics think about systems, networks and development. It’s fairly high level, esoteric cogitation. Is this truly how people think, though?

dReps are the next step in the Catalyst experiment for funding on Cardano. If this is the direction IOG wants them to operate, we are bound for another failure. The process needs to be simplified so that we don’t develop an academic/professional oligarchy directing from on high.

One of the main issues I see is an inability to take academic developed guidance and convert it into every-man level procedures. This is evident with Catalyst, some wallets, websites and dApps. We need to focus on simplifying the user experience in blockchain, else it will remain niche.

If you are looking for something quick to read to help you to understand this process, may I suggest “Don’t Make Me Think” by Steve Krug, in which he discusses human–computer interaction and web usability. It’s one of the best introductory explainers of UI/UX I’ve read, and I still evaluate user experience of sites and apps by this simple philosophy.