How we can check if BP is ready to create BLOCKS

Hi Alex
It is running now but I’m having trouble with firewall. I have disabled ufw and only ports open are 22, 3389, is there a firewall in the cnode files? There is no hardware firewall at the moment for this vps

Nope, try sudo ufw reload

If not maybe u have another firewall in cloud?

Can the relay nodes be running a different version of cnode.
example BP 1.25.1 and Relay1 1.25.1, Relay2 1.26.1?

Yes, they can run different versions
As long u are seeing peers and tx processed then it’s fine :wink:

Hi, in testnet Procesed tx is just 1 in two days and in core, peers appears

out / int

Peers 1 0
There is some other thing to check?
Thx in advance

Yes, u need to have also IN peers;

In core which would be an in peer? there is something missing with relay or i need an in connected to my relay?

U need to have IN peers on both nodes
The relay needs to run topology updater script

Questions for Alexd1985

Instructions online are not consistant with some issues.

1. do my relays talk with just the BP or do the relays talk with my other relays also. I have read both options in instruction files online?
  2. if relay1 talks to relay2 should valency be set BP :1, relay1 :2, relay2 :2, iohk,io :3
  3. will gLiveView on relaynode3 give data on all nodes including BP or only data on the relay it is installed on?
  4. What does no “In Peers” indicate for a relay? How do I fix this?
  5. I’m getting this message from topoupdater “IP is not (yet) allowed to fetch this list”. Will the topoupdater not work with a BP built from source?
  6. Will .gLiveView work with a BP biult from source? Is install the same as
    Guide: How to build a Cardano Stake Pool - CoinCashew #Install gLiveView, a monitoring tool.

do my relays talk with just the BP or do the relays talk with my other relays also. I have read both options in instruction files online?

It’s up to you, I prefer to keep relays connected for fast propagation in case one BP - Relay connection will fail (for example if BP - Relay1 will fail then Relay1 will receive the info from Relay2); but it’s not mandatory and it will be no issues if u don’t keep them connected

if relay1 talks to relay2 should valency be set BP :1, relay1 :2, relay2 :2, iohk,io :3

Valency is just for the case when u register more nodes/IP under the same DNS domain; the answer is no, don’t use valency at all in ur case

will gLiveView on relaynode3 give data on all nodes including BP or only data on the relay it is installed on?

glive is for locally informations/output
U need to add glive on all nodes; for all nodes monitoring u can use grafana

What does no “In Peers” indicate? How do I fix this?

Not OK, u will need OUT/IN peers;
For IN check the FW:

• for relays u need to keep the port opened to accept connections from any; also for relays u will need to run the topology updater script once/hour
  • for BP u need to keep the port opened only for ur relays; static configuration (don’t use topology updater script)

I’m getting this message from topoupdater “IP is not (yet) allowed to fetch this list”. Will the topoupdater not work with a BP built from source?

Run topology updater only on Relays

Will .gLiveView work with a BP biult from source? Is install the same as
Guide: How to build a Cardano Stake Pool - CoinCashew #Install gLiveView, a monitoring tool.

Yes, should work, follow the steps from guide; u will need to download also the env file and adapt the path inside env

Yes only on relay, this message I assume means the relay3 can not get topo data from BP?

Yes, relay3 is on port 6002 so 6002 should be open to any?

gLiveView is showing port 6000, where is that port coming from?

relay3

When u ran the script… u set port 6002 right?
Then in env file (nano env) replace cnode=6000 with 6002

Try from ur relay

telnet Producer-IP Producer-port
U should see connected… if not check the fw in ur BP

Never mind topo is full of data now.

I noticed in the topoupdater, none of my relaynode ips are listed. I was thinking that the topoupdater would pull the data from my BP topo, but it looks like it filling the file with other random nodes. Is this correct? Actually more interesting is that my relaynode ips are listed in the IN Peers in gLiveView, but not listed in topo.

This is response from BP node, it says “cardano_node_metrics” instead of your example at top of page. “cardano_node_Forge_metrics” the word “forge” is missing, is that a problem?

~/cardano-node# curl localhost:12798/metrics | grep KES
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 1920 0 1920 0 0 1875k 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 1875k
cardano_node_metrics_operationalCertificateExpiryKESPeriod_int 238
cardano_node_metrics_currentKESPeriod_int 208
cardano_node_metrics_remainingKESPeriods_int 30
cardano_node_metrics_operationalCertificateStartKESPeriod_int 176

1 Like

Can u show me the glive output for both nodes?

Hi Alex
Thanks for your help. I have wiped one of my relays and reinstalled it with coincashew instructions. I will check gliveview once in sync.

I did notice that my config files have this different from your config file
“TraceHandshake”: true,
does it matter if this is true or false?

If it is false u will not see tx processed in glive