I dont know how to upgrade the node to 1.35.5

Don’t know if it helps but I only ran the below section of setup.
I did not update the env or cntools (check update turned off in env) and it appears to be working.

Untitled

cd ~/git
git clone GitHub - input-output-hk/cardano-node: The core component that is used to participate in a Cardano decentralised blockchain.
cd cardano-node

git fetch --tags --all
git checkout 1.35.5

echo -e “package cardano-crypto-praos\n flags: -external-libsodium-vrf” > cabal.project.local
$CNODE_HOME/scripts/cabal-build-all.sh -o

Im not sure how to edit the env, config, topology. What changes should I be making?

Well inside env file (scripts folder) you set the CNODE_Port and for BP pool name; inside configuration file (files folder) you set tracemempool to true; inside topology file (files folder), only for BP you set the Relays;inside topology_updater (only for Relays) you set custom peers;
to edit a file use nano… u did not edited files till now?

Ive edited the topology files when I set up the 1.35.4 version of the node. Once I updated, I cant get the Node to start. The CNODE port is 6000 by default, so I always left as is.
My problem now is that I cant get the Node to start

Did u follow the steps posted by me?

after this u will need to edit the files again.

I did not update the env or cntools (check update turned off in env) and it appears to be working.

1 Like

yes, with old files should work

I did follow these steps.
I know I need to edit scripts/env, scripts/cnode.sh, scripts/dbsync.sh, scripts/submitapi.sh, scripts/ogmios.sh, scripts/gLiveView.sh and scripts/topologyUpdater.sh (alongwith files/topology.json, files/config.json, files/dbsync.json).
I just dont know what I need to change. Ive never had to edit these files previously.

Ive switched check update to “N”…My node still wont start

you don’t have to edit all files… this is the BP or Relay?
what is the ticker of the pool?

This is a relay. I dont have a registered pool yet. All I have are relays. My intention was to update the Node and launch the pool. So I dont have a registered ticker.

aa ok, then all u have to do is to edit the env file in case u changed the cnode port (other than default 6000).
type (from scripts folder) nano env and show me the first 6 lines

ok
now type

cd "${HOME}"/.local/bin/
ls -l

now type

sudo journalctl -e -f -u cnode

and show me the last lines… do u see any error?

Oh yes

ok, then you have to upgrade the nodes.

use my scripts for this
https://forum.cardano.org/t/script-for-cardano-node-software-upgrade-cntools-users/91065

1 Like

Ive run your script before. Ill try again. Does it matter where? Shoud I CD into the scripts folder then download?