Is there a cost to changing delegation?

I understand. maximizing profit is good thing but money is not everything. Personally I consider running node and pool with same intentions as your pool runs but i am at the beginning and considering all options how to well support good thing. At moment i send gifts to medicinmen without borders and I also support dog shelter. Was thinking i run stake pool and could send them more.

1 Like

2040ADA a month is way too much these days yes but not that long ago the ADA was 12th or even lower in Market Cap and its value was 0,15 USD and I appreciate every pool owner who shares.Especially in smaller pools that is very important. According influencers opinion ADA is going to reach 10USD not thst long since now and some cal it even Ethereum killer.

Acording to “influencers” (people paid to eat shit) small pools are not profitable… yes u can start ur own pool… I can share u a setup which will cost u 20 $/month … but the hard part is to find degators to delegate to ur pool… without delegators - no blocks - no profit - no donations

Yes I understand the real issue is to find delaegators. According from what i saw even your small pool has really big amount of work behind and even 3-4 millions ADA delegated is really big amount these days. If u consider not every ADA owner has enough ADA to get at least one ADA per epoch from staking even in biggest pool it is really tough job and i am aware I have long term work ahead. I am also aware that it would be lots of work till when I start my pool and could make first donations. For now i am looking for stable virtual linux server 24/7 for reasonable cost. Startings are always hard but once the goal is reached, the sweetness of feeling is beyond all hardiness.

Yeah , that’s because I received a 3,2M delegation from IOHK for 3 months… after that back to normal life …0 blocks :crazy_face:

Contabo :wink:

Thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for. Even the price is much more reasonable then poor cheap laptop 400USD+ that would probably crash every fourth to fifth day.

1 Like

Influencers sometimes feed us shit and probably are well paid for that but they also need to have truth often to keep their jobs. In case of crypto market growing six times till the end of the year I doubt that but I definetely don’t doubt ADA is on good way to be real Ethereum killer and I dont doubt crypto market would double minimum till the end of the year 2021. So not really impossible ADA makes 10 USD this year or start of the next one. In such case we all can have nice money even if we have just 1000 ADA now or even couple hundreds. My old mother bought lots of ADA and believes this without my influences even. I just told her about 5 percent from staking. Many people google history and purpose of ADA knowing its purpose and destiny is good in long run and they do invest to support good thing same as I did.Not out of the box mention ADA is probably helding most percent of total cryptocurrency value in long term staking and even the small remaining amount makes 4 times more transactions then its current biggest competitor BNB.

Even Polkadot is traded much less then ADA. From what I see now during weekend total amount of transactions is much lower then usually but the thing ADAis much more traded then its biggest competitors Polkadot and BNB and according its size even more often then ETHEREUM shows its popular and is on good way to becme leading among altcoins sooner or later.