Oroborus delegation research paper almost complete at 95%

How long will the implementation part of it take?

• Will delegate
  • Will not

0 voters

Charles said in an interview that they have spent about a year to create the original Ouroboros paper (and all the required related research) and then went from the paper to the first working version of the “Cardano-SL” in like two months. That’s about two months to fully implement a nicely-working cryptocurrency node backend. And the delegation should be a bit easier that this.

Implementation of a paper does not take a long time, since it’s like working by a nice specification that already describes everything you need to do. The complications usually only happen on the networking part (since paper does not describe this), but the engineering team is solving this part.

The research and the paper is the heaviest part in the equation, and it takes the longest time. It’s when people don’t have a specification and write programs “on-the-go”, trying to come up with problems and solutions - that’s when software takes long time to be done.

5 Likes

Not sure about the meaning of the vote.
How long will the implementation part of it take?
Will delegate
Will not delegate

(by when?)

Once it’s fully implemented I mean. Will you delegate or trade? Locking large amount of :ada: will cause a price spike, and it can be smarter to trade and buy back it once the dust settles. Judging from past high of .38 to present low of .16, you can easily double your :ada: by trading. Which incentive will be stronger, to trade or to lock?

Which sort of works itself into my other topic “Path to a million :ada:.” With a decent stack to begin with it’s not impossible to get to a million :ada: by doubling at each high and low. It wouldn’t even take that many cycles.

What do you think?

I think it would be more difficult than you think Sean.

@Razvan you’re right of course. It doesn’t hurt to dream :slight_smile:

This is also when software creates clusterfucks the likes of which the world hasn’t seen before. I am looking at you EOS.

2 Likes