Quadratic Voting is not a silver bullet for Governance

This is why I specifically mentioned open source code and bare metal hardware, to make auditing of the oracle onboarding infrastructure.

But again, my goal isn’t to convince conclusively that this is possible. Just to detach out one somewhat, a priori, realistic way of doing it!

You can keep asking questions about details and at some point declare that I haven’t been able to convince you sufficiently etc:) which is fine

If you believe that “yes, in principle this is worthy of pursuing” (normatively) then we can have a constructive technical discussion about how to achieve it

These are somewhat technical objections. And definitely solvable. How would you solve these things for example?

What’s your metric/definition for “easy and reasonably cheap”?

any number or range to work with will d. Just as a starting point :slight_smile:

I’m aware. But so is IOG and your internet service providers and this forum (centralised power). Point is that there are trade offs…

If we gain decentralisation of governance, where protocol parameters and use of public funds is at stake… and then we balance that with the (low imo) probability that a project like WorldCoin would somehow help malicious actors create fake IDs in order to attack the (?) Cardano network. It’s a stretch. If it ever came out, that entire billion dollar project is just dead immediately because their sole purpose is to provide this service

It’s kind of like objecting to using Ledger hardware wallet because they are centralised (which is true)