Relay using a lot of CPU, a lot

I used systemd to stop and restart the relay but after starting it just climbed back up to over %150 CPU…

it’s fine during synchronization process the CPU will stay above 100%, how many vCPU have the nodes?

That was fast response thanks Alexd1985! I struggled with finding a semi affordable ec2 instance and went with r6gd.large which *should have 2cores over 2.5GHz.

Unrelated topic BELOW
I’m going to have lots of questions so its nice to know there are people who can help resolve any issues:)
I originally opened port 6000 to 0.0.0.0/0 but i’m presuming I can restrict that to the I.P address of the relay node?

yes, keep it opened only for the relay
regarding the server configuration the CPU is not the best :slight_smile: … how much RAM have the nodes?

I think 16GB? I’m quite new to the world of AWS and it seems there are some caveats I’m not aware of so i might be wrong…

Memory seems good -

The next instance seemed like it doubled the price… its hard to commit to the 4CPU price if your not sure your going to find enough delegates to mint a block - i thought the CPU’s matched the minimum defined spec by cardano docs and the coincashew guide… but yes I am cheap:P

I used/using contabo for few nodes… very cheap

anyway, wait for the nodes to sync and check after… the CPU should stay at ~2-3%
the nodes has 16G , should be fine

Thanks Alex:)!.. holy crap contabo looks like 2 to 4X the spec for 1/3 the price!

PLAN M will be also enough :wink:

It took around 30Hours but we are Synced!
Just as described ! CPU dropped to <1% after syncing thankyou again for the support.

I will continue with the setup today and hopefully have the pool up and running in a few hours:)
I only have 1BP and 1Relay node but hopefully if the pool gets up and running I will add another relay (through contabo - great find) I will keep the second relay out of the registration for the mentioned DDOS security.

1 Like

You are welcome, btw 1.31.0 version has been release :slight_smile:

Does that mean I should upgrade ASAP?

I can follow this process ? changing git to 1.31.0 presumably…

UPDATE CARDANO NODE to 1.30.1

Exactly, not ASAP but you should do it