Stake pool course - Error 127 in Download and install GHC step

Hello!
I am new to the community and Stake pooling in general but excited to get upto speed and involved asap.

I’m following the Stake pool course and trying to install my Cardano nhttps://cardano-foundation.gitbook.io/stake-pool-course/stake-pool-guide/getting-started/install-nodeode.

When I get to the Download and install GHC step, I’m getting this after running

sudo make install

Installing library in /usr/local/lib/ghc-8.6.5/libiserv-8.6.3
“utils/ghc-cabal/dist-install/build/tmp/ghc-cabal-bindist” copy compiler stage2 “strip” ‘’ ‘/usr/local’ ‘/usr/local/lib/ghc-8.6.5’ ‘/usr/local/share/doc/ghc-8.6.5/html/libraries’ ‘v p dyn’
Installing library in /usr/local/lib/ghc-8.6.5/ghc-8.6.5
“/usr/local/lib/ghc-8.6.5/bin/ghc-pkg” --force --global-package-db “/usr/local/lib/ghc-8.6.5/package.conf.d” update rts/dist/package.conf.install
/usr/local/lib/ghc-8.6.5/bin/ghc-pkg: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install_packages] Error 127
make: *** [install] Error 2

Can anyone offer guidance to get past this road block?

Thanks in advance!

Fixed my own issue. I skipped over the step that had you source the .bashrc file. Doh!

Common issue :slight_smile:

Hi Jim, I have encountered exactly the same issue as you. May I know what is the command to source the .bashrc file?

source .bashrc

Thanks! Yes i did that but it didn’t work for me. But I managed to resolve it by installing ncurses-compat-libs using the following command:

sudo yum install ncurses-compat-libs

Thought I will share it here for those who are using AWS to install the cardano node.

@iostake - if u source the .baschrc file as @ADAfrog mentioned earlier u should be good.

what is the ncurses-compat-libs? and how did u find that?

error libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory?
I first did a reboot , then

sudo apt install libtinfo5

cd ghc-8.10.2

./configure

sudo make install

cd …

2 Likes

Same issue here.
I followed your steps and it did the trick!