The Cardano Foundation’s Delegation Methodology is Changing

Sucks to see them delegating to such large pools while so many still struggle to get any sort of delegates due to their much smaller size. I guess it’s a whale eats whale world…

4 Likes

Congratulations to everybody choosen. I’d suggest now that situation is very different from previous editions that Cardano Foundation consider changing and aligning with new ADA valuation plus the number of pools now are beyond 2000.
I’m sure that reducing the amount but allowing more pools to be selected would be way more interesting than a large amount to just a few. The results should be helping more pools to bootstrap and make a difference showing delegators they can provide return on their investment.
Right now gaining delegators trust is the most challenging in Cardano stake pool operation, is not tech, is not upgrades nothing like that.
Gaining people’s trust is the most challenging if not impossible for many to achieve.
When you have a Cardano Foundation delegation you automatically show them you are somebody to be trusted.
I hope in the next editions they can consider reducing the minimum pledge because 25,000 ADA its just too much money to anyone outside US including Europe.

2 Likes

This thread has obviously attracted quite a bit of emotion :eyes:. I definitely TL;DR everything, but does anyone know if @Cardano-Foundation and IOG collaborate in an effort to ensure the upcoming IOG delegations don’t also go to CF delegated pools?

My best practice : https://adapools.org/TRADA

Are you serious? This cannot be the right way. Locking out ambitious people that want to help the network but just want to have their expenses compensated?

1 Like

@Stakepool_Germany this could give you some idea how to stay competitive as a small pool.

this is true.
for example if somebody can keep their costs lowest as possible like minimum VPS and very small advertising they can still maybe mine one block a year, fund the costs and still closes on green. I know that looks bad but in the end this is how It works today.

I’d say you need to compare it with “just delegating” (i.e. a model where you wouldn’t have the cost of running servers)

The network needs delegates too. It only costs less than 3 ADA with no recurring charges.

The decision to delegate over running an at loss pool seems like a no brainer to me.

1 Like

I really like that idea. It would help much more pools - while it’s not more work for CF if they’ve automated the process.

They awarded only 44 pools. Let’s hope for the next round.

I agree on this. There will be no perfect system. For those of you haven’t got this round, just hold on or maybe try to delegate to other pool to get some rewards and get back again later. It seems that you have to wait for another 3 months.
That’s just only my thought. No hard feeling.

@Cardano-Foundation check this out

7 Likes

I’m speachless… :frowning:

Thanks for picking that up. To my understanding the qualification criteria is not fulfilled any more and delegation should be removed. The key question now is, when will it be checked the next time?

@Cardano-Foundation

if u need help in order to choose to which pool u should delegate, please next time let us , the community, to vote! We know better who diserve to receive the 15M delegation!

5 Likes

Just did some math. If they keep the delegation for the full 3 month, the owners of the CRO pool would generate around 200k ADA from that.

1 Like

@Alexd1985 I understand emotions run super high in crypto, but I dont think the election (which IS random and impartial given the rules) did something wrong with CRO. Yes - it turned out the SPO was malicious and delegation now needs rotation, but let’s not make something irrelevant out of it. The feedback for delegation strategy was asked from community itself :slight_smile:

@rdlrt
My message was not an offensive one.
And I am a little nervous now, because CRO is a Romanian pool :face_vomiting:

I know you’re Romanian but why does it make you nervous?