UPDATE CARDANO NODE to 1.29.0 - FOR CNTOOLS users

I was able to get one relay fully up and synced and the 2nd one is syncing. However, my Producer node is showing that it is a Relay. Anything that I did or advice for me?

Yes, typeā€¦
cd $CNODE_HOME/priv/pool
ls -l
copy the folder nameā€¦
now go to env file

cd $CNODE_HOME/scripts

nano env
search for the line pool name, delete # from the begining and paste the folder name between the ā€œā€
save the file, restart the node

Check in glive after few minutes

thanks so much Alex. Up and running again

1 Like

Alexd, I hope I can find your wallet address! We gonna be celebrating, Bro! Drinks on me!

2 Likes

Hi Alex, pls I cant solve my issue,
1st Relay looks OK, 2nd relay and BP stucked starting, looks like they stucked in 288, telnet from 2nd relay to 1st relay says:
telnet 75.119.141.170 6000
Trying 75.119.141.170ā€¦
Connected to 75.119.141.170.
Escape character is ā€˜^]ā€™.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I run preresh everywhere is updated, all nodes are 1.29., all nodes 16GB ram.

when i run CNTOOLS on BP it says:
KES key rotation
Keys expired! : 1d 08:12:06 ago - I rotate them already ten days ago (new rotation doesnt work)

Topology updater on both relays says:
Checking for script updatesā€¦
{ ā€œresultcodeā€: ā€œ502ā€, ā€œdatetimeā€:ā€œ2021-09-17 06:12:31ā€, ā€œclientIpā€: ā€œ173.249.3.137ā€, ā€œmsgā€: ā€œinvalid blockNo [0]ā€ }

I tried also change topology.json on BP only for IOHK node, did not work still starting.
Any suggestion where can be problem? I checked ufw status on all nodes and looks ok, looks like 2nd node cannot connect anywhere and loosing connections.

I will appreciate any suggestions where can be the issue pls. Or where can i contact you. Thanks Paul.

type for the nodes which are not running

sudi systemctl restart cnode

journalctl -e -f -u cnode and show me the output from where itā€™s saying stoppedā€¦

This is last output

Great, the node are using an older cardano versionā€¦ this is because first u probably used another guide

now type
nano ${HOME}/.bashrc and show me the last lines with export

export CNODE_HOME=/opt/cardano/cnode
PATH=/home/cardano/.local/bin:/home/cardano/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/loc>
PATH=/home/cardano/.local/bin:/home/cardano/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/loc>
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:
export NODE_HOME=/home/cardano/cardano-my-node
export NODE_CONFIG=mainnet
export NODE_BUILD_NUM=5821110
PATH=/home/cardano/.local/bin:/home/cardano/.local/bin:/home/cardano/.local/bin>
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib:
export NODE_HOME=/home/cardano/cardano-my-node
export NODE_CONFIG=mainnet
export NODE_BUILD_NUM=5821110
export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=/home/cardano/cardano-my-node/db/socket
[ -f ā€œ/home/cardano/.ghcup/envā€ ] && source ā€œ/home/cardano/.ghcup/envā€ # ghcup->
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib: $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

delete everything except

[ -f ā€œ/home/cardano/.ghcup/envā€ ] && source ā€œ/home/cardano/.ghcup/envā€ # ghcup->

at the end u should have

Then try to restart the node and check with journalctl -e -f -u cnode

Changed to

fi

[ -f ā€œ/home/XXXX/.ghcup/envā€ ] && source ā€œ/home/XXXX/.ghcup/envā€ # ghcup-env
source ā€œ$HOME/.cargo/envā€

now the output looks

Node looks still starting

I actually investigating with some one else about thisā€¦ and I found that the scripts where not updated for alonzoā€¦ can u go to update the scripts also?

cd ~/tmp
./prereqs.sh -f

then edit again the topology file, env, topologyUpdater (for relay) and try to run again
./deploy-as-systemd.sh (for Producer choose N for topology updater, for Relay choose yes)

Then restarts the nodes and check again with top and journalctl -e -f -u cnode

i updated already 2x, I try it again.

what did u updated?
do you want to take a look?
do you have teams?

and also I checked now and you by mistake increased the pledge to 270k instead 27k :smiley:

OH now, could you send mi invitation link to teams? I pm you my email address.

Iā€™m currently face the same problem.

What is the issue?

Type journalctl -e -f -u cnode

Alex, first I wanted to mention that youā€™ve solved a lot of problems ā†’ You have earned my respect and much more.
Unfortunately I have the same problem as NedMg ā†’ Unable to Update the node from 1.27.0 to 1.29.0:
i follow exact your instructions, I have updated ./prereqs.sh -f, and use for cabal update the command:
$CNODE_HOME **/scripts/cabal-build-all.sh -l
But with the check ā€œcardano-node versionā€ I always get for all relays and also for the BP the version 1.27.0???
I couldnā€™t find a solution for this problem???