A first look at the Cardano Developer Portal

SPO view. Crypto investor, switched into Cardano, with significant time invested. In for the long run. Why? Vision from the top is very strong, execution during 2020 very good, governance structures becoming stronger, long term potential is highest of the top 20 IMO.

So there’s room for improvement? Of course. Show me an organisation where that isn’t true.

What makes this project stand out? Attitude (this thread shows that). Science driven (go read the papers). Openness and willingness to learn and improve (as an SPO the community sharing knowledge and tools has made a massive difference). But mainly its the vision- this promises crypto v3.0 and already has a significantly decentralised POS network running effectively. Leadership makes a difference, I buy into the vision Charles has going back to that TED talk quite a while back, and I reckon he’s got the determination and ability to make it happen.

5 Likes

Hello,

I want to be sure I am understanding the Rewards & Fees correctly. For example, the Ocean Pool charges 340 ADA per epoch. Is it true you must be staking enough ADA to earn more than 340 ADA (the cost) to receive a beneficial reward amount?

For example, if I have 20,000 ADA, they may result in only 10 ADA reward, but charged 340 ADA per epoch or is it 340 ADA spread across all users staking to that pool?

The fixed fee of 340 ada per epoch are paid by all delegators together before the rewards got paid out. So you are totaly fine by staking with any amount you have.

Thats what I was suspecting. Thank you for confirming.

Well said CryptoViser

The community wants confidence and clarity…Indeed it does

I’m ready to start making stuff and looking forward to the portal!

P.S. please check out ADA MakerSpace Episode4 https://youtu.be/161Evbwdzps

1 Like

@BooneBergsma Great stuff! Really interesting video. We will have more information about the Marlowe DSL and playground coming shortly. Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t wait!!! :star_struck: