ADA x ETH x Waves smart contracts

Hello everybody. I had been reading and investing on Waves for over a year, and decided now to join Cardano too.

I know the main difference of Waves smart contracts to ETH is that Waves’ RIDE language is design to allow predict/limit the resources consumption of resources, which allow a fixed fee to be charged for each smart contract transaction, while ETH consumes varied amount of gas.

How will ADA smart contracts behave compared to these both? Any article reference is welcome.

1 Like

Hello @Hikari and welcome to the forum,

I’d say a good start into these questions is this blog post from EMURGO

If you want to read even deeper after that:

1 Like

tnx! I’m gonna read them

So, Plutus is a better language than that used on ETH and RIDE on Waves?

IDK Haskell and much less Plutus and RIDE. I don’t like ETH as it requires gas and we have history of issues on smart contracts on it.

RIDE seems to be a nice language, as it’s capable of making smart contracts developed on it be predictable regarding the resources needed to run them. But IDK if that limits what a smart contract can do.

I haven’t seen any article explaining how we will pay or nodes will earn from running Ada smart contracts.

I expect that in some years smart contracts will be mostly used to support dApps and IOT use cases.