After upgraded to 1.35.3 grafana not show some values

after I complete my upgrade to 1.35.3 I realized my grafana console not show me any more this 4 values.

cardano_node_metrics_txsInMempool_int
cardano_node_metrics_density_real
rts_gc_max_bytes_used
cardano_node_metrics_epoch_int

any one else had the same problem?

I encountered no change related to those four metrics displaying with Cardano Node 1.35.3 installed.

What values does ekg display for those metrics?

If ekg displays values for the metrics correctly, then is Prometheus serving the metrics?

If Prometheus is serving the metrics, then the issue may be with the Grafana dashboard configuration.

CHG

I agree with @ParadoxicalSphere

I do run 1.35.3 on all my environments(legacy-testnet, pre-prod & mainnet) and I do have all those metrics

First step for troubleshooting would be on your cardano node(Assuming you are using default 12798 for exporting metrics from your node):

curl -s  localhost:12798/metrics | grep cardano_node_metrics_txsInMempool_int
 curl -s  localhost:12798/metrics | grep cardano_node_metrics_density_real
 curl -s  localhost:12798/metrics | grep rts_gc_max_bytes_used
 curl -s  localhost:12798/metrics | grep cardano_node_metrics_epoch_int

You should see something like that, if those metrics are being exported by your node

If you don’t see those metrics, as shown above, then probably it is disabled in your config file, check TraceMempool and other configuration…

If you see them with grep, then you need to check why those metrics is not in your grafana, so maybe your dashboards are broken or check if those metrics exists at all using Grafana => Explore

I have the same issue. And what if the grep command returns nothing ?? My dashboard seems fine, i can see all the metrics apart from a handful.

Is it a problem with the node install or the node exporter?

Hi @Froge !

I would assume your config.json doesn’t have some metrics enabled, just check your config.json and enable metrics what you need.

Nothig has cjanged from before. The metrics just dropped off once i updated to 1.35.3.

What is the easiest way to check that a relay is operating as a bp?

The important ones like kes expiry and missed slots are the ones missing fyi. Makes me think its not running as a bp.

If you run ps -ax | grep cardano what you see?

Probably you should see something like this on BP:

/usr/local/bin/cardano-node run +RTS -N -A16m -qg -qb -RTS --topology /config/testnet-topology.json --database-path /data/db --socket-path /ipc/node.socket --host-addr 0.0.0.0 --port 3001 --config /config/testnet-config.json --shelley-kes-key /config/kes.skey --shelley-vrf-key /config/vrf.skey --shelley-operational-certificate /config/node.cert

and on relay:

/usr/local/bin/cardano-node run +RTS -N -A16m -qg -qb -RTS --topology /config/testnet-topology.json --database-path /data/db --socket-path /ipc/node.socket --host-addr 0.0.0.0 --port 3001 --config /config/testnet-config.json

As you can see relay doesn’t have flags with keys and cert