…Try also source $HOME/.bashrc

type/run also…

Yes, its working now

Follow coincashew guide to change the KES

1 Like

excellent.
thank you!

1 Like

Jeepas! My relay has 328 individual debs that make up my Linux system all of which I can upgrade with one command “apt dist-upgrade”. My hat goes off to you if you installed your entire system manually by downloading .tar.gz files for each component following some sort of “linux from scratch” method. How do you find the time to keep them all up to date with all the security fixes?

ah, if you mean just upgrading packages, yeah, I use ubuntu and livepatch, apt-get upgrade etc. Does anyone not use that?!

I thought you were referring to cardano-node and cardano-cli and a package manager…I just build each time there’s a new release. It’s not that hard.

Do you follow the same process for each relay and block producer? Do you have the entire build chain and follow the re-building process on each separate machine?

Yes, it isn’t hard to build a new release from scratch. Only takes 20 min, give or take depending on the machine specs. Then restart the node and carry on…most new releases don’t require a full replay of the chain.

Might be a tad tedious and error prone if you have 5 relays plus a block producer and a backup block producer.

That sort of thing goes against the grain for most coders that spend their life trying to remove error prone repetition.

ok, now what is a good amount to send…to start?
i cant find any documentation on actual fees.
it says 500ada plus fees?

so should i send 600, 800, 1000?

and is remainder locked up or movable after registration.

what would be a good guess?

cheers!

Hmm,

What u are trying to do?
To setup a pool?
For registration u will need to pay (don’t send ADA it will be automatically deducted from wallet) 500 ADA + 0,2 fee (500 ADA u will receive back when u will retire the pool)

So, u will need to send to payment.addr 501 ADA + the pledge declared (pledge can be covered later)

2 Likes