Cardano-cli: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 11>: does not exist (No such file or directory)

And, Unfortunately, It does not return the favored Result!

It takes time for your node to download all blocks from the testnet (to be in sync). Leave it running and try again in ~ 1 hour.

1 Like

I don’t know how to thank you…Your help is much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

No problem. We are here to help each other :smirk:. Hopefully that your relay node will be in sync soon.

2 Likes

Yes, this was my problem today when trying to submit a transaction - same error. Except in my case, my server was already processing the latest blocks.

For anyone who is using Cardano testnet and following these directions https://cardano-foundation.gitbook.io/stake-pool-course/stake-pool-guide/stake-pool-operations/transactions
where it says ‘submit transaction’, the instructions don’t work for my configuration.

Changing ‘export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=~/cardano-node/relay/db/node.socket’ to ‘export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=~/relay/db/node.socket’

will fix the problem. The highlighted part above in bold print is what gave me the same error.

3 Likes

I have this same issue and unfortunately after updating the recommended change by @JT_Cazorla and update the node socket by running the function below.

‘export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=~/relay/db/node.socket’

And run the following to check my node

‘cardano-cli shelley query tip --testnet-magic 1097911063’

And I continue to receive the same error as @Davisville1111 and will leave below.

‘cardano-cli: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 11>: does not exist (Connection refused)’

Idk what I’m doing wrong bc I am following the stake pool school guide and have validated the steps with other guides and they are identical. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I suggest you do a clean install and follow this guide. Hope you’ll get it done. Please be in touch, be more than happy to share any details with you. Thanks!

Awesome and thank you very much

1 Like

You might like to have a look at these guides!
https://cardano-node-installation.stakepool247.eu/

https://cardano-node-installation.stakepool247.eu/
1 Like

This guide finally worked for me after a lot of hassles to install and run the Core/Nodes. However make sure to have CORE fully synced before going through any other process, usually, it takes a few hours which differs due to the Internet speed. Good luck to you and Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Sorry after which specific step is that I have to let the core fully sync within the guide to make sure that I don’t proceed further.

1 Like

Indeed. For the Core:
cd $NODE_HOME
chmod +x startBlockProducingNode.sh
./startBlockProducingNode.sh
And the Node:
cd $NODE_HOME
chmod +x startRelayNode1.sh
./startRelayNode1.sh
After running these scripts you will see two platforms and the Core starts to sync with Cardano Blockchain and the node starts to connect to the Core. Though, sometimes you need some magic to get it right. I’ll be available if I could be any help and also glad to! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Davisville1111, Didn’t you start with doing the Testnet build? The Cashew guide you shared with me is a Mainnet build correct? I believe I hadn’t gotten to that step within the Stake Pool School guide for building on the Testnet.

I will start a clean build but still don’t know where to let the node sync before continuing on the Testnet build

If you can share the Testnet version that would be great.

Thank you!

1 Like

Absolutely. You are accurate about. “mainnet” IS THE FUTURE!
If you insist, This I believe would be helpful, though take your time and do the clean install at your convenient times for the addiction to this very matter is higher than any…You know:
https://guides.poapool.com/incentivized-testnet/create-your-own-cardano-stakepool

Awesome and thank you so much!

1 Like

The reason that command , Changing ‘export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=~/ cardano-node /relay/db/node.socket’, doesn’t work is because the directions have you make the relay folder along side of the cardano-node folder. In that build there is no relay folder inside the cardano-node folder like in coincashew’s build.

Yes, coincashew’s build works nice. That was the very first manual I used to set up a working node with liveview, but I didn’t like the fact that many things had to be built from source code because updating the system built from source code can be problematic if you’re used to apt get, so I wanted a build that would automate the process without me messing up updating to future versions by building new versions from source code.
So I went to https://docs.cardano.org/projects/cardano-node/en/latest/getting-started/building-the-node-using-nix.html to try to build using Nix which uses packages and symlinks to do the installation so you don’t mess up things when you go to delete or update what you created, so you don’t have to start from the beginning again. Unfortunately, those directions don’t work either.

So, that’s when I came to this forum and FROG suggested testnet. It’s was a great idea, as I have learned much more working on testnet than I ever did on coincashew’s build or Nix build - it’s a much slower process, but I’m actually learning a lot more. Scripts can automate the process, but I think it’s important to try to learn what’s actually going on, so that when a script stops working, you can trace the error to its source. Building via Nix is the method use by IOHK, which they recommend, unfortunately, they need to work out the bugs, because the build instructions have issues.

The problem with all these different builds/installation methods is that they are different from one another. In coincashew, you’re building for mainnet, so that’s another reason I stopped using that. I don’t want to build the real thing just yet, and pledge actual value and lose it.
Also, coincashew has the relay folder inside the cardano-node folder, but in the cardano foundation stake pool course, you build the block producing node in the relay folder, but that folder sits along side your cardano-node folder on your home directory, instead of inside it.
Lots of things can cause this socket 11 error, but if you are following BP node build on linux using testnet with Cardano protrocol, and your node db has caught up to the latest tip, and you still get this error when launching your block producer, then in my case I was simply using the wrong path given by the instructions since there was no relay folder inside my cardano folder. I just happened to get the same socket 11 error as other people, but my build was differrent from theirs.

2 Likes

well-put, Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Thanks, sorry if my original post was confusing…I got the same socket 11 error, but using a different set of instruction, and wanted to post what worked for my build, unfortunately, there are sooo many different instructions when creating your block producer, that it can be difficult to figure out what works for your particular case.

2 Likes

There is no such a thing as wrong, It is just another way of doing things_ And, “YOU” are awesome. Your reply is much appreciated, Cheers!

2 Likes