Cardano for Africa

Hi, I’m Kilimo from Nairobi, Kenya.

Hi Semakitu, welcome to the forum, good to see you on here

Hi, Kilimo, Welcome.

Hi @semakitu and welcome to the forum

Hello and welcome @semakitu :slight_smile:

Welcome @semakitu! Out of curiously how did you find out about Cardano ?

Hi Tom, a friend introduced me to Bitcoin and I began doing my research. I became fascinated by the potential of block chain technology. I’m from Kenya, Africa and you can imagine the impact it could have in this part of the world. I stumbled upon Cardano on YouTube and watched Charles Hoskinson. Especially loved the talk he gave at the London School of Economics. I love the Cardano approach. I believe it has the potential to transform not just Africa but the world.

Fantastic and great to have you here!

I am also really excited by the potential Cardano in Africa.

I love the story of M-Pesa. Is it correct that in 2012 there were about 17 million M-Pesa accounts in Kenya?

Hi, Semakitu,
Warm welcome.

Welcome to the party!

M-Pesa was/is a true success story. Can’t confirm the figures but the 17 million M-Pesa accounts in 2012 looks plausible. Although as you’d expect some people have multiple/dormant M-Pesa Accounts. Huge potential for ADA/Cardano early adoption. Not forgetting we receive huge Diaspora remittances.

Thank you!

Thank you very much!

welcome my friend =)

Hello bro from another part of Africa and welcome here… Feel at home!

Asante sana! Which means thank you very much in Swahili.

Happy to be here bro! Let’s do this!

yea, while it’s been proof of concept / need through the crazy adoption - let’s not forget it has centralised corporate (euro-based) owners!

now cardano on the other hand, not only does it not suffer this centralised cancerous… it’s technology is far superior from a security and scalability standpoint not even touching on the network effects of which it shall the beneficiary…

mbele pamoja ndugu!
(forward together brother!)