Cardano Summit 2021 - Hanoi, Vietnam (Recap)

Welcome to the recap of Cardano Summit 2021 in Hanoi, Vietnam.
(for Vietnamese, please read This Topic)

First of all, I would like to introduce a little bit about myself : I am Cuong, AVN pool(old name is FLAT) owner & operator, one of the administrators of Cardano Vietnam community - the first Cardano community group in Vietnam (founded in 2017).

I’m very honored to be chosen by the Cardano Foundation as the co-host of the Cardano Summit 2021 in Hanoi.

Due to the Covid19, we couldn’t hold an offline event, but instead an online event via Zoom.
Our event went on for 2 days.

1. Day 1 (Pre-Summit) : took place on September 25, 2021
    We were honored to invite 4 guests (including 2 PhDs in blockchain expertise, 1 MBA, and the last one is Co-founder MinSwap), and 321+ community members.
    Guest List:
  • PhD. Dang Minh Tuan - Head of Blockchain Lab, Institute of Post and Telecommunications Technology, Director of CIST Institute, Author of Vietkey software, Advisor of the RADA Blockchain DAO Community project.

• PhD. Long Le majored in Distributed System.
    (Contact Information Guest: LinkedIn, Website)

• MBA. Thuan Lam - Founder ThuanCapital
    (Contact information Guest : Youtube)

• Mr. Long Nguyen - MinSwap Co-Founder

As you all know, on September 12, the successful Alonzo Mainnet Hard Fork officially activated Smart Contract on the Cardano platform, opening a whole new era - the era of applications.
Therefore, in this Pre-Summit, we focused on discussing the position of cardano when having smartcontract.
The contents are as follows:

• Introducing Cardano Summit 2021 and Hanoi Meetup. (Host)

• Opportunities and Challenges of investors and developers on the Cardano platform.
    (Speaker : PhD. Long Le .
    Presentation details: HERE)

• Practical applications of Blockchain in general and Cardano in particular? Personal Comments on Cardano?
    (Speaker : PhD. Dang Minh Tuan

• What is the current position of Cardano after the Smart Contract is in place? The potential of Blockchain in general and Cardano in particular in the field of Finance-Economics?
    (Guest: MBA. Thuan Lam - Founder ThuanCapital
    Details: HERE)

• What is a Decentralized Exchange (DEX)? MinSwap’s Concurrency issue in public testing of Smart Contracts and future improvement plans?
    (Speaker : Mr. Long Nguyen, Co-Founder MinSwap.

1. Day 2 (Post-Summit): took place on September 27, 2021.
    We were very honored to invite 3 guests (including 2 PhDs in blockchain expertise, 1 MBA) and 355+ community members.
    Guest list :
  • PhD. Dang Minh Tuan - Head of Blockchain Lab, Institute of Post and Telecommunications Technology, Director of CIST Institute, Author of Vietkey software, Advisor of the RADA Blockchain DAO Community project.

• PhD. Long Le majored in Distributed System.
    (Contact Information Guest: LinkedIn, Website)

• MBA. Do Manh Hung - Founder FIMI Community
    (Contact Information Guest: Website

Post-Summit was an extremely important session.
We organized this session for:

• Vietnamese who do not understand English,

• Vietnamese who understand English but do not understand blockchain & Cardano,

• Vietnamese who understand English, understand a little bit about blockchain & Cardano, but do not understand the real meaning of the information/announcements in the Main-Summit.

We can listen, we can read, we can see the information.
But the important thing is whether we understand its meaning or not.
That’s why we have a Post-Summit.
We have followed the format: Summary of notable news → In-depth commentary from Host and Guests → Q&A.

The contents of the Post-Summit were:

The Cardano Summit 2021 event in Hanoi has helped me and the Cardano Vietnam community achieve certain results:

• The first thing I want to say is that, through the event, we have contributed to spread Cardano to the Vietnamese community, as well as introducing the Vietnamese community to the Cardano Family. A large number of people attended the event organized by us. (Pre-Summit : 321 participants, Post-Summit : 355 participants).

• Secondly, I was very honored to invite 5 very famous guests in Vietnam related to blockchain in general and Cardano in particular. (including 2 PhDs, 2 Masters, and 1 startup on the Cardano platform). They brought to the event very quality knowledge. We have come together to comment on the meaning of the information/announcements in the Main-Summit. That helped the community understand more about cardano as well as summit. And therefore, they’ll have more faith in Cardano.

• Third, the event has inspired the Vietnamese community to learn and build projects on the cardano platform, contributing to building a strong and sustainable ecosystem.
    Personally, I have also been an admin of the Cardano Vietnam community (founded in 2017), so I pay a lot of attention to community development projects. And right in the Post-summit, I presented my idea related to connecting students of technology universities as well as technology startups in Vietnam with Cardano in general and Catalyst in particular.
    Vietnam has no shortage of talent, no shortage of ideas. We’re just lack of money or we don’t know how to find the place that can fund our projects. And that place is the Catalyst Treasury. There are nearly 2 billion USD (calculated at the exchange rate of 1ADA = 2 USD) ready to disburse (free funding) for ideas to build the Cardano ecosystem. And Vietnam, as well as some developing countries, are also on the list of priority funding. So why don’t we gather together to take advantage of this abundant treasury.
    Let’s work together to: Bring Cardano to Vietnam - Change Vietnam - Change the World!
    That’s the same idea that I submitted to Fund6 Catalyst on August 26, 2021.

I’ve been supporting the Cardano Vietnam community for several years now, but this is the first time I’m thrilled to be co-hosting cardano’s biggest event ever with the Cardano Foundation.
This is a great honor for me personally as well as for the Cardano Vietnam community.
I know that the Cardano Vietnam community and I have become part of Cardano’s history.
This is an important memory and milestone in my life.
Thank you All very much for supporting me and the organizers.
Best regards!
Cuong Tran_Cardano Vietnam.

P/S: Cardano official events in VN will be announced on Meetup and on official Cardano Vietnam channels (Website , Telegram , Twitter , Facebook )

2 Likes