Cardano Webcast - Monday 15th January 3.30pm Lisbon Time - we need your questions!

Long-term holder of ADA here, impressed with your work and transparency in the communication so far.

My questions:

1. The Circulating supply of ADA is currently around 25B, the Total supply around 31B and the Max supply 45B. When and under what conditions will the Max supply of ADA be reached?
  2. Currently I can trade ADA only for BTC. Is this something that you decide or the exchanges themselves? In any case, it would be great if one could trade other currencies such as ETH or even fiat USD/EUR for ADA.
  3. For days there are problems with withdrawing ADA from multiple exchanges to the Daedalus Wallet. Are you aware of the problems and are they on your side or on the exchange side?
  4. How many people work on the Cardano project as a whole worldwide at the moment?
  5. As I understand in the (Delegated) Proof of Stake system the more ADA you hold, the more weight you have in taking decisions over the direction of the project. As the Cardano Foundation, Emurgo and IOHK hold the majority of the ADA tokes at the moment, basically those three organizations will be deciding on what happens with Cardano in the future? This sounds to me like a pretty centralised system. If this is not correct, please explain how this will be in the hands of the small stake holders.
  6. There are rumors that the ADA ICO was only marketed in Japan and bought from local investors there. As I did not take part in the ICO I am not sure if every investor has to disclose the country of residence prior to purchasing ADA Tokens from the ICO. If this was the case, is there any information on the token distribution by country?

Thanks for your answers in advance and keep up the good work!

6 Likes

Why Cardano – What real world use cases or applications is Cardano uniquely positioned to solve that cannot be solved by other projects (i.e. Etherium)?

4 Likes

There are exchanges that pair ETH/ADA, binance and bitrex have this pairing, you should use eth as the fees are so much lower than btc.

1 Like

Appreciate the project is long term, but what solutions are in the pipeline for purchasing ADA as and when I please. How can I recommend or suggest the coin when I can’t explain how to get hold of it?

1 Like

Is there a firm ETA for ADA support on any of the major hardware wallet vendors?

3 Likes

Thats a good question. How BTC grew because people actually saw a need to use it. ADA should focus on encouraging people to actually use it other than just buying it to hoard it and hope the price grows. if everybody is just a speculator this currency will stay low

1 Like

Will Cardano conform to an End-User verification and log-in function, or will this be handled through dapps on top of Cardano, f.ex uPort ( https://www.uport.me/ )?

1 Like

Will Cardano make companies that have digital solutions like webshops and customer registry compliant with the EU GDPR?
(EU General Data Protection Regulation)

3 Likes

@regisg apparently Charles did answer. See top comment in this thread. https://www.reddit.com/r/cardano/comments/7oibsi/some_shots_fired_across_the_bow/

1 Like

What will the minimum ADA requirements be for staking? This seems like an important constant that will determine the degree of centralization in the network.

4 Likes

What are your thoughts on Ethereum’s Casper? It seems to be giving Ethereum a lot of momentum in the current market.

How do you think Cardano will compare or surpass Casper?

3 Likes

This is now in the roadmap, cardanoroadmap.com

Thanks! Yeah, there are so many new items added into the roadmap.

Hi. It has to come to my attention that ICO’s built on Cardano’s blockhain (and Ethereum token system) are being built and announced already. One such example could be SP8DE. Because Cardano’s smart contracts are yet to be available, my question would be - are any of these ICO’s legitimate, is Cardano planning to have some sort of database where it would be possible to see ICO’s that are being, or have been, developed using Cardano’s blockhain, and will there be token distributions from these projects based on Cardano’s blockhain? Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello everyone and have a great day! Two questions from me:

1. Why on cardanoroadmap your team implemented very poor ‘client side’ countdown mechanism that was easily hacked by applying CSS class or changing the date? Do you plan to fix this to server side announcement on Feb? This is important because a lot of people said that ‘if they can’t do a simple counter on their roadmap side so they will for sure not implement a whole protocol correctly’. Please show them that they are wrong!

2. What is the best way (for people with coding experience- like C++ or JAVA) to learn Haskell to help team with some small tasks? At least to understand basic to read your code.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

Thanks very much for the amazing response :smiley:

Please submit your final likes as we will be closing the thread in the next hour or so…

Best,

Jon :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Cardano already answered in a tweet to this project.
I think it’s important to find a smart and reliable way considering the open transparency showed by CardanoStiftung and IOHK, as well as the decentralized and opensource idea, but also caring about possible and probable fraud/scam/fud attacks.
So an important question is how the project strategists can prevent such undermining attacks and copycats. Maybe it’s better not to have a public answer regarding the defensive strategy.
A confirmative “yes we care about, and you (community) can best help by a.) … b.) … c.) … our focus has to be on …” would be very useful.

Last call for likes and questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your incredible response to this… we are now closing this thread.

So, the good news… as promised, here is the link for you to register!

The event is happening at 3.30pm UTC Lisbon time.

Please do register so you will be able to watch.

Once you have registered, you will receive an email reminder ten minutes prior to the event.

Thanks again! Please spread the word about the webcast using the link above :sunglasses:

1 Like