Cardano Webcast - Monday 15th January 3.30pm Lisbon Time - we need your questions!

Will sidechains have their own epochs or will there only be one for all chains?

Can outside OS contributors participate in the Cardano SL dev process now? If not, is there a plan to start diversifying the developer base?

1 Like

Is staking in Cardano similar to other cryptos where you buy “tickets” and the Ada you used to purchase the staking ticket is returned after X days along with any revenues OR will you lose the Ada you staked if your computer was off-line the whole time?

1 Like
  1. Do you plan a cardano software development event ?
    There is already quite a bit of documentation and code to play around with but nothing beats a week long deep dive hackaton to squeeze knowledge out of your dev teams.

2. Let’s say one want to code a little game, such as a minesweeper, in the form of a Daedalus plugin. Could you check if I understood it right ?

-step1: Creation of a daedalus plugin. Client side (“C”) of my minesweeper. Front dev work. Tech: web ie mostly javascript.

-step2: The backend of my app (“B”) run somewhere under dev control.

-step3: The smart contract “S”, deployed in a Cardano Smart contract layer or something like this, consist in:
C send the amout you are willing to bet to B
B request a true random number from cardano computer layer. The cardano computer layer also send it to S.
B generate a secret hash and send it to S and C.
Game begins. C plays and therefore send a “user input” to S and B.
S check that hash(user input) == secret hash. So the user won.
S request that B pay C with due rewards.

If I get it right, the smart contract is basically the third party that contains the custom logic to check that a game is fair and determine if the user lost or won. That is why I separated B from S. B = backend under dev control. S = anti cheat service not under dev control. It contains the agreement between B and C and allow transactions depending on the history behind.
Where will be actually deployed the smart contracts ? Some sort of cardano datacenter ? That is not supposed to be under dev controls right ? or they might cheat if they get to determine the game outcome or rely on user to systematically check the secret hash… It’s also an entry point for regulators as they can trust S to know how much C won…(and then suck out your earnings :confused: )
Where will be actually running the control layer of cardano ? Cardano masternode ?
tech: Plutus, IELE and probably much more…

-step 4) Publishment in cardano app store. How is it going to take place ? Will there be some form of code audit ? If yes from who ? It’s tricky because one need to check that the code is clean, but also understand the game workflow and vector attack. It’s not just about truly random numbers.

Sorry for the long post :frowning:

4 Likes

I would like to run a full node. Is there anything you can recommend I do to prepare for this? Any specifics on hardware, number of Ada I must hold, timeline and internet connection would be awesome.

7 Likes

Like Ripple has a very clear utility for banks and financial institutions, what are some of the enterprise level use cases of Cardano token (ADA)? And what commercial partnerships does Cardano has, if any?

2 Likes

I would like to have Charles’s response about this paper

2 Likes

How can banks use ADA in future?
Now it’s difficult to buy ADA for beginners. In a interview Charles said that it’s too early for coinbase or something like that is there a other possibility?
How is it possible to stabilize the price so it can used as a stable value currency?

Will it be possible to use the Ledger 2FA to secure Daedaluswallet?

4 Likes

IF ELON MUSK TAKES OVER MARS, WILL YOU USE CARDANO TO MAKE INTERPLANETAR TRANSACTIONS?

2 Likes

Is artificial intelligence (AI) part of Cardano’s tools to transform the digital economy with blockchain?

3 Likes

Wow I would love an official Cardano answer as well.

Based on the recent update to the roadmap, it did not seem like any progress was made in the Shelley phase of development. Is this the case, because the percent complete for each task did not change?

If this is the case, it is concerning as an investor that progress was made on the next phase of development in lieu of working towards the current phase goals. Can you please explain the thought process behind which activities are advanced and in what order?

Also, how secure will coins be when staked? I would like to support the network, but am concerned that my money will be at risk, especially compared to cold storage.

2 Likes

can you please mention some coin names that are also as comprehensive as cardano in terms of roadmap and dev-team capability? I’d like to look into those coins. thanks

Charles has addressed the paper on reddit. You can check a thread about this Right here.

1 Like

Hi,

Any updated wallets on exchanges. Will they be completed the needed software patches, so we can transfer our Ada back to our own wallets on our PC?

Thanks

Edward

You can stack and do cold storage at the same time.
Its called delegation-by-proxy.

2 Likes

Is Artificial Intelligence (AI) part of Cardano’s tools, to protect ADA coin holders (investors in Cardano) against:

A. Fake news influencing the price of ADA negatively;
B. Large business dumping to fiat influencing the price of ADA negatively; and
C. Whale traders selling a large number of ADA on exchanges.

???

2 Likes

Will you be issuing guidance on best practices for stand up staking pools, or should we fend for ourselves (e.g. here Staking pool project)?

2 Likes

With the new tax laws in the USA, it would be nice if the Daedalus wallet had a built in accounting or management so it made it easy to use, track & at tax time, also easy to read. I can’t even tell exactly what I bought each coin for on the exchange, especially after you put it on the wallet, there’s no way to see clearly what you paid for the coins to watch as it grows in value, how you’re investment is doing over time. With other coins you can see what you bought the coins for & in the wallet it seems to only show how many coins you have. It would be nice if you added more tools to the wallet, as well as if you could simply use regular Fiat money to purchase cardano rather than buying some btc for 19k, then find out it significantly dropped down to 14k right before buying cardano. A real bummer way to be positioned when you’re ready to buy at an immediate loss.
Will you let people buy it the same way etherium & bitcoin are set up with regular money rather than going through such a circus?

2 Likes