The Midnight platform will safeguard sensitive personal and commercial data using zero-knowledge cryptography. It will operate as a sidechain of the Cardano blockchain. Midnight will inherit Cardano’s security, decentralization and community while providing privacy to users. The right to privacy is a fundamental human right. Explore how Midnight can protect your privacy and how it differs from existing projects like Monero and ZCash.
- Transactions in the ledger are public and many blockchain addresses are linked to people’s real identities.
- For businesses, institutions, and banks, it is impossible to use a blockchain because they would not comply with regulations or protect business secrets.
- Optional or conditional privacy offers many interesting use cases.
- Midnight has no backdoor that would allow private information to be obtained without users’ permission.
- The ability to selectively disclose certain information is necessary in the current complex world.