Chain-in is a unique industrial and academic conference focused on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency technologies. In spite of all the hype behind the technology, the industry and academia are often following different approaches to build tamper-proof distributed ledgers (or databases). Experience shows that there is no pure black and white, and thus it is wise to have both rivals exchange knowledge and join forces. Chain-in aims at bringing researchers, developers, and enthusiasts from academia and industry to sit together on the same table and try converge to the best of the technology.
Given that blockchains hail from industry, Chain-in avoids the academic proceeding-based style, and rather adopts a more “casual” model through dedicating the event to presentations and interaction. The goal, and the hope, is to foster interaction and enrich the discussions.
Chain-in gives the opportunity to any interesting talk related to blockchains or cryptocurrencies as long as it serves the above goals. In particular, the subjects covered include—but are not limited to:
- Blockchain Protocols (novel or not)
- Proof of “Something” methods.
- Byzantine Fault Consensus Protocols
- Byzantine-based distributed ledgers.
- Private, Federated, and Public Blockchains.
- Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoins, and Altcoins.
- Mining. - Blockchain consensus
- Applications and Use Cases for blockchains.
- Smart contracts.
- Distributed Applications (DApps).
- Marketing in Blockchains.
- Initial Coin Offerings
- People and Blockchains.